Feedback Score
    Country
    United_States

30 inch cube vivarium.. help on acrylic top

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    I need help on planning the acrylic cover, ventalation holes, fan openings, pump cord opening and etc, including misters. Any suggestions on configuration of this top. Thanks in advance, love this forum.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I'd suggest doing away with ventilation holes and just using a slightly larger fan. Run all the electrical wires through one hole because it's got to be large enough to admit the plug anyway.

And hey, welcome to AQ

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi and welcome to AQ!

There are some people who will suggest not using a fan for fear of removing the humidity. Just make sure that the fans are going slow and they draw air out of the tank. Ventilation holes might not be necessary if you are going to use a fan but I would still suggest 1 or 2 holes on the opposite side of the fan hole.

If you are using misters, I would not think too much about losing humidity...

My 2 cents.
    Read me! :bigsmile: http://justikanz.blogspot.com/

I'm crypt collecting... Starting cheap, now have Cryptocoryne beckettii, C.beckettii var petchii, C.crispatula var.balansae, C.griffithii(Melted! ), C.nurii, C.parva, C.pygmaea(Melted! ), C.tonkinensis(Melted! ), C.walkeri, C.wendtii 'Brown', C.wendtii 'Green', C.wendtii 'Green Gecko', C.wendtii 'Tropica' and Cryptocoryne x willisii

Oh, juggling is hard work, man!...