Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Cyst, Whitespot and threadlike worms.

Feedback Score

Cyst, Whitespot and threadlike worms.

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    My Luohan(Rajah Cichlosoma)'s tail has a little cyst(2mm) brownish in colour and just 10mm below it lies a little white spot that never seems to ever go away even with medication and aquarium salt baths....what are these?Parasite kinda thingy?How do i get rid and with what kinda product?

Also the forum on the mini worms which i encounter so often, would like to know more about it, whether it poses as a danger if it goes inside the fish's gills etc etc....and i know it's explain as a problem from overfeeding but what exactly causes them to keep recurring even after using copper cure which killed thousands of them(it was a scary sight)....and any ways to kill em once and for all??Hate to see them floating and wriggling around the tank premises.....detest em!!Please reply Thankies! []
    Here fishy fishy fishy =)

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 6/3/2002 1:10:18 AM

My Luohan(Rajah Cichlosoma)'s tail has a little cyst(2mm) brownish in colour and just 10mm below it lies a little white spot that never seems to ever go away even with medication and aquarium salt baths....what are these?Parasite kinda thingy?How do i get rid and with what kinda product?

Also the forum on the mini worms which i encounter so often, would like to know more about it, whether it poses as a danger if it goes inside the fish's gills etc etc....and i know it's explain as a problem from overfeeding but what exactly causes them to keep recurring even after using copper cure which killed thousands of them(it was a scary sight)....and any ways to kill em once and for all??Hate to see them floating and wriggling around the tank premises.....detest em!!Please reply Thankies! []
    ----------------
    the first part i dunno
    can't comment until i see it
    do you have any pictures?

as for the second part
    there is a very easy way to keep them off forever
    but you have to spend money once in a while (big cichlid? that's why)
    FEEDER FISH

imo why they recur is that you don't manage to kill off all of them with the treatments
    a few survive, many will propagate as a result

Feedback Score
    Ermm....dun have any pictures tried taking it with digicam but my fish always siam and siam so to no avail, sighs...looks like and ulcer looks like a cyst dats how i describe hehe...while the little white spot is a very small one around 1mm half the size of the cyst thingy....

2nd part u replied expensive method???feeder fish??wats that??I haf a 2ft community tank housing dwarf gouraimis, guppies, clown loaches and lotsa corydoras...i've seen them slurping up the pesky wormZzz before and they seem to enjoy it....well....hope they digest well ermm perhaps u could elaborate on the more expensive method huh....hiakzz..Thanks!
    Here fishy fishy fishy =)

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    if you go to fish shops you'll notice they have packs of fish meant to be fed to fish like arowana and luohan
    they're usually guppies and mollies
    add them into your tank and they'll mop up the nematodes