Images
    Country
    Singapore

How to grow Coral pelia?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    I bought some coral pelia 4 days ago. I place them 1-2 inches below the water level. Yesterday I noticed some of the leaves turned dull in colour. Is my lighting/water parameter/temp not right?

Tank size: 2ft tank
    Water temp: 24 degrees C with a chiller
    pH 6.3-6.4 w/o CO2 injection and 6-6.2 with CO2 injection
    Lighting: 2x24W HO T5
    Fertiliser: Tropica Master Grow only without base fertiliser
    water current is 500l/hr

What's wrong?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    the pic of coral pelia..
    Last edited by cwtan12; 5th Mar 2006 at 18:29.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Anyone can advise?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    could it be temp? one or 2 inches below water level may be too near to your T5 lighting. What's the distance between the lighting and water surface.

I am also using a chiller but i previously encountered a problem that the surface of the water was always very much warmer than the bottom when the lightings are on. I solved the problem by slightly circulating the water surface with a small pump. The fish are also much happier now

Other than the above possibility, perhaps you give the pelia sometime to stabilize itself in the new environment as you had just bought it.

In the meantime, no harm putting them slightly lower in the tank and see whether it helps unless the height of the pelia is important to your scape.

BTW, i don't see any problem with your pelia in the pic. Dull colour may not be a big problem. Brown or black colour is.

Quote Originally Posted by cwtan12
    I bought some coral pelia 4 days ago. I place them 1-2 inches below the water level. Yesterday I noticed some of the leaves turned dull in colour. Is my lighting/water parameter/temp not right?

Tank size: 2ft tank
    Water temp: 24 degrees C with a chiller
    pH 6.3-6.4 w/o CO2 injection and 6-6.2 with CO2 injection
    Lighting: 2x24W HO T5
    Fertiliser: Tropica Master Grow only without base fertiliser
    water current is 500l/hr

What's wrong?
    Last edited by zenscape; 20th Feb 2006 at 16:11.
    Maurice Cheong
    A . M o m e n t . o f . T r a n q u i l i t y...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by zenscape
    could it be temp? one or 2 inches below water level may be too near to your T5 lighting. What's the distance between the lighting and water surface.

I am also using a chiller but i previously encountered a problem that the surface of the water was always very much warmer than the bottom when the lightings are on. I solved the problem by slightly circulating the water surface with a small pump. The fish are also much happier now

Other than the above possibility, perhaps you give the pelia sometime to stabilize itself in the new environment as you had just bought it.

In the meantime, no harm putting them slightly lower in the tank and see whether it helps unless the height of the pelia is important to your scape.

BTW, i don't see any problem with your pelia in the pic. Dull colour may not be a big problem. Brown or black colour is.
    My T5 sits on the tank. i think just 4-5 inches away from the coral pelia. however. the position is also the place where the outlet of my filter's rain bar. So i guess the water temp isnt too high because the water from the chiller reaches there first.

If the problem gets more serious, I will place at the bottom of the tank (full of plants and cannot fing any more space)