Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Quote Originally Posted by kuching
    yup, thanks to na cheers, who is the one who first found brownorum there.

So how many people from kuching here? So far I've seen 2 (kuching and na cheers). who else? One of these days must go for kolo mee and ang tau peng together

Feedback Score
    Country
    Malaysia
    that's mean, thats three including u lah...sure can go for kolo mee, but i'm in perak rite now.. but soon be back on june.
    Borneo snakehead hunter

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by na_cheers
    that's mean, thats three including u lah...sure can go for kolo mee, but i'm in perak rite now.. but soon be back on june.
    i am in singapore now.. only back once a yr..

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi guys, I'd split and shifted the portion of searching for fellow AQ members from Kuching from this thread to Members' Lounge.

Maybe when you guys return, some of the AQ members can form a tour group and go back with you to explore Sarawak! And take more pictures of the beautiful place!
    Read me! :bigsmile: http://justikanz.blogspot.com/

I'm crypt collecting... Starting cheap, now have Cryptocoryne beckettii, C.beckettii var petchii, C.crispatula var.balansae, C.griffithii(Melted! ), C.nurii, C.parva, C.pygmaea(Melted! ), C.tonkinensis(Melted! ), C.walkeri, C.wendtii 'Brown', C.wendtii 'Green', C.wendtii 'Green Gecko', C.wendtii 'Tropica' and Cryptocoryne x willisii

Oh, juggling is hard work, man!...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Malaysia
    Quote Originally Posted by cwtan12
    i am in singapore now.. only back once a yr..
    so when ur goin back then? well, lfs in singopore so much variety compare to here...
    Borneo snakehead hunter

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I'm from Sibu, but stay in Kuching for a yr ++ when I study at Inti College, so do I consider in the count. Hehe...

At China town do have a Kolo mee shop, tried and only 3 comments lor ...
    1) amount of mee too less for a size like me..hehe
    2) mee feel cold when put into mouth so still prefer to eat at Kuching.
    3) no special "Cha Shou" oil to make the mee turn into red..more to local taste already. I remember at "Tabung Jaya" there got a stall selling Kolo mee with Cha Shou oil add .. taste YAMEE...

I never have change step into Kuching city for about 10 yrs++, if you guy can organise a trip i sure join... wanna look at the market there and plan for my "Back to Sarawak" dream in 2-4 yrs later...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by hii
    I'm from Sibu, but stay in Kuching for a yr ++ when I study at Inti College, so do I consider in the count. Hehe...

At China town do have a Kolo mee shop, tried and only 3 comments lor ...
    1) amount of mee too less for a size like me..hehe
    2) mee feel cold when put into mouth so still prefer to eat at Kuching.
    3) no special "Cha Shou" oil to make the mee turn into red..more to local taste already. I remember at "Tabung Jaya" there got a stall selling Kolo mee with Cha Shou oil add .. taste YAMEE...

I never have change step into Kuching city for about 10 yrs++, if you guy can organise a trip i sure join... wanna look at the market there and plan for my "Back to Sarawak" dream in 2-4 yrs later...

I tried the kolo mee there. Not bad la. But if eat a bowl of kolo mee plus a bowl of laksa, then only satisfying.

2-4yrs later is definitely too long. I better contact na cheers first. I believe Sibu should have a lot of things to catch or collect. It's famous for peat swamp

Everytime when i go back to Kuching for a short holiday, I will spend at least 2 evenings driving directionless. If i see any pond or stagnant water, I will stop for fishing or scoop blindly. So far the results are not really encouraging... most of the time get nothing..guess need to go deeper.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by na_cheers
    so when ur goin back then? well, lfs in singopore so much variety compare to here...

I went to a few lfs in Kuching. Only the feeder fish and shrimps are very cheap.. The rest are not much cheaper. The variety of fish is also not much. The only thing i am very impressed is the lower end fish medication. So many types and so cheap!!

Besides the one at Rock Road, I went to a few more small ones when I was there last year. Is there any other interesting or new ones now?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    i mean i can go to Kuching anytime lar .. just to observe the market there see what type of business can do lor.

Where is the Rock Road?? new road?? Last time my friend at Serian bring me to a fish farm which do export fish ... it is near Serian i guess ...

There is a small waterfall at serian, lots of people swimming there and water been poluted a bit, when I swim there can feel a lot small shrimp bite my leg .. (they thought my hair is algea maybee hehe).

At Miri "Lampir" waterfall, the water is very clear and cold and can see a lot shrimps and you can use both hand to catch them easily .... went they once 12 yrs ago...

Agree Sibu is swamp place ... along the "kolam" can see a lot of plants but not pretty. Last time stay there don't know what's planted aquarium so see the plants also no feeling..haha now everytime go back also no time to look around cos time no allow.

I remember my aunt kampong, beside her house have a big hole fill with natural rain water and there are a lot pretty fish there (gift of god i guess) and I use to catch a lot n no time to feed them than later all return to god...

Everytime I went back sure carry fishing rod and back to my kampong for fishing at the koyak jeti, sometime good luck can catch few big blue prawn (happen once with my 1st gf). but most of the time just 0 result.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by hii
    i mean i can go to Kuching anytime lar .. just to observe the market there see what type of business can do lor.

Where is the Rock Road?? new road?? Last time my friend at Serian bring me to a fish farm which do export fish ... it is near Serian i guess ...

There is a small waterfall at serian, lots of people swimming there and water been poluted a bit, when I swim there can feel a lot small shrimp bite my leg .. (they thought my hair is algea maybee hehe).

At Miri "Lampir" waterfall, the water is very clear and cold and can see a lot shrimps and you can use both hand to catch them easily .... went they once 12 yrs ago...

Agree Sibu is swamp place ... along the "kolam" can see a lot of plants but not pretty. Last time stay there don't know what's planted aquarium so see the plants also no feeling..haha now everytime go back also no time to look around cos time no allow.

I remember my aunt kampong, beside her house have a big hole fill with natural rain water and there are a lot pretty fish there (give of god i guess) and I use to catch a lot last time n no time to feed them than later all return to god...

Everytime I went back sure carry fishing rod and back to my kampong for fishing at the koyak jeti, sometime good luck can catch few big blue prawn (happen once with my 1st gf). but most of the time just 0 result.

I agree that the fishes in the whole Sarawak has decreased a lot. I went to Long Lama (near Miri) for a fishing trip in 1996. There are a few streams there that when you walk, you step on fishes!! It was like every 3-4 steps there were small fishes being stepped. Whenever I tell people about this, most people don't believe. However, it was history. I went again in 1999 and it was hard to catch.

I have never caught anything more than what I want to keep since young. I hope everyone also wont catch more than the necessary quantity or for commercial purposes. Once gone, forever gone.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Malaysia
    hmm..lfs in kch still not much change for the past years i think...new golden fish aquarium open at MJC batu kawah...got this nice lfs shop also at batu kawah..forget the name...but can find IT,endy,weird cats,aro...etc.also some one at batu tujuh...kinda cheaper compare to satok or green road lfs...got plenty variety compare to other shop there...

have u been to borneo echo stream shop near the airport..the owner is darren..hes selling planted, wild betta, killies, guppies...most are nices tiny fishes..hehe, hes breeding some wild bettas.all nice one

sarawak in the future will be more developt, means more houses, more buildings, roads, industrialization, agricultural bla bla...someday, the fishes will be gone so sad to think bout this...

anyway..bout sibu, never catch fishes there, so perhaps can go there sometime.
    Borneo snakehead hunter