Country
    United Kingdom

Moving to Asia

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi All...

great that I found this forum, hope to make a few friends as I will be moving to Bangkok in a few months, I just can't wait, London is cold (think snow!) and grey.... uurggh! Will definitely be setting up a couple of aquariums when I get there and as soon as I find a decent apartment, hopefully close to Chatuchak market, and close to all those fish....wahoo!

Are things expensive over there? How much would an empty 6x2x2 be for example? Maybe I should plan to bring some of my tank stuff over instead of clothes.. ha ha! Not so crazy I suppose, clothes are very cheap in Bangkok. Looking forward to the heat, the bright light and oh my god all that fantastic food...

I'm already planning fishy based trips to combine with visits to friends in Cambodia, am I right to think that I could collect fish from the wild, providing they are not listed? A trip up the Mekhong to wildest North East Cambodia and Laos could be cool! Also love to spend more time in Malaysia and Indonesia.
    Camera and net in hand....

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    welcome Rod. you will enjoy Thailand very much. How long are you planning to live there? I'll put you in touch with some of the chappies over there, both locals and farangs (not necessary fishy people but these localised farang could give you a tip or two about living in BKK I guess)

I will write you separately. look forward to catching you in BKK when I travel there and hopefully see your shooting actions.
    why I don't do garden hybrids and aquarium strains: natural species is a history of Nature, while hybrids are just the whims of Man.
    hexazona · crumenatum · Galleria Botanica

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Japan
    Let us know if you're coming down to malaysia during a break or something as well...

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Welcome to the Orient!

And no... you won't be looking forward to the humidity that comes with the heat..

Feedback Score
    Country
    United Kingdom
    You'd think so but no... I've spent 9 months out of the last two years there so I can't wait even with the humidity. If I remember right Singapore does feel a bit more humid than either KL or Bangkok, and the humidity carries the scent of the flowers so it's all good!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Japan
    mad!! you're mad!!! hahahaha.. just joking...

the grass is always greener one the other side.. then you get to the other side and.. DAMN!! why is it greener where i was b4!!!???

i would give almost anything to be in a dry wintery place now..

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    you'll love AMZING THAILAND!
    withnall that country you can make fish/plant hunting trips out of the city.
    definitely not quite the same as england!!
    if you're not married... you might just go native, if you know what i mean...
    celticfish
    It is a good day to die!!!
    I finally uploaded an avatar and Cupid is dead!!!

Feedback Score
    Country
    United Kingdom
    I couldn't go if I wasn't single... so yeah! I might just go native at that... and that's not a bad thing, anything to help with the language. Think I'll definitely need good Thai skills, and will be brushing up on my Khmer and Bahasa Malaysia and Indonesia... so much to do!!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Malaysia
    and if u plan going to sarawak my hometown...let me know too aight
    Last edited by na_cheers; 4th Mar 2006 at 00:11.
    Borneo snakehead hunter

Feedback Score
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Sarawak.... check!! With Air Asia's cool flight deals I think I'll be going everywhere!!