Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    You can upload your pictures at the AQ gallery. Read this: http://www.aquaticquotient.com/forum...ad.php?t=17940
    Read me! :bigsmile: http://justikanz.blogspot.com/

I'm crypt collecting... Starting cheap, now have Cryptocoryne beckettii, C.beckettii var petchii, C.crispatula var.balansae, C.griffithii(Melted! ), C.nurii, C.parva, C.pygmaea(Melted! ), C.tonkinensis(Melted! ), C.walkeri, C.wendtii 'Brown', C.wendtii 'Green', C.wendtii 'Green Gecko', C.wendtii 'Tropica' and Cryptocoryne x willisii

Oh, juggling is hard work, man!...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    well done, the tank looks great! how big are the copper cheeks and four lines?
    ...I love rubies too ...
    Ken

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by Fei Miao View Post
    well done, the tank looks great! how big are the copper cheeks and four lines?
    thanks bro. The female copper-cheek is about 6cm, male copper-cheek about 4cm, and four-lined about 5cm. I suspect the female copper-cheek is pregnant as her tummy look really big lately, not sure though, no experience . Anyone knows how long is the gestation period of tree frogs before giving birth to tadpoles?

Quote Originally Posted by Altum_lover76 View Post
    Cool Man!!!

By the way, what are the plants that you use in there? Are they ready available?

Cheers!!
    thanks bro. Yes the plants I used are readily available either bought from florist farms or harvested from gardens/parks.

I am pretty poor at identifying plants. Here is a list of some emersed plants I used to the best of my knowledge:

- Fossiden moss
    - Mini moss
    - Pink StarLite bromeliad
    - Green bromeliad (???)
    - Birdnest fern (mini)
    - Staghorn fern (mini)
    - Airplant (???)
    - Orchid (???)
    - Pickerel Weed (???)
    - Palm Tree (mini)
    - Nanas
    - local creeper ferns (???)
    Last edited by Justikanz; 12th Feb 2007 at 13:23.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by real View Post
    Anyone knows how long is the gestation period of tree frogs before giving birth to tadpoles?
    Frogs lay eggs.

I'm crypt collecting... Starting cheap, now have Cryptocoryne beckettii, C.beckettii var petchii, C.crispatula var.balansae, C.griffithii(Melted! ), C.nurii, C.parva, C.pygmaea(Melted! ), C.tonkinensis(Melted! ), C.walkeri, C.wendtii 'Brown', C.wendtii 'Green', C.wendtii 'Green Gecko', C.wendtii 'Tropica' and Cryptocoryne x willisii

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I guess I am too much into seahorse breeding last time, still thinking of pregnant seahorse carrying unborn babies during gestation.

ok let me rephrase my question - does frog with heavy tummy (assuming it is not due to overfeeding) indicate that it is going to lay egg soon? If so, how long before it starts laying eggs. And how long does it takes for the eggs to hatch into tadpoles

thanks.

Feedback Score
    Country
    United States
    Beautiful! I applaud your efforts. Keep us updated on your progress.
    Subundaortus

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Nice setup.

Currently planning to convert to paludarium. How do you create your curve dry land?
    Last edited by Justikanz; 23rd May 2007 at 17:07. Reason: 'u' is a letter, not a word

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    just wondering where can we can four line tree frogs in singapore. and what other frogs are available
    Last edited by Justikanz; 23rd May 2007 at 17:08. Reason: 'wat'

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Chiaki23, 4-lined tree frogs are local frogs but they are not in the AVA approved list of amphibian pets. Please check the list before asking the question. Thank you.

Please note that the population of 4-lined tree frogs are decreasing and illegal poaching for such frogs are not encouraged and is illegal in Singapore.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Is your 4-lined tree frog under the species name Hyperolius marmoratus? I read from the web that it needs full spectrum UV light to bring out its colours.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12