Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Shrimp tank Journal...

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    This is my first shrimp tank, it i like to share with u all the progress though its a long one..hehe...Had an extra 35cm tank..so decided to give it a try.

This is the layout out of a tank..
    Am gonna have a taiwan moss floor. Gonna place fissiden on the DW. On the other hand gonna place some mini pelia on the rocks. Gonna keep it simple.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    The wood looks nice, soil ADA amazonia? what about the lights, what's the wattage?
    ...I love rubies too ...
    Ken

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Finally finished tying up all the fissiden, taiwan moss and mini pelia. Tank was cloudy at first now that it has clear up a little bit decided to update u guyz...

Front View

Mini Pelia on Rocks

Taiwan Moss on wire gauze
    Fissiden tied to driftwood

Top view

Am using 11W PL light..tank cooled down by a SUNON mini fan, Temp of tank ranges btw 25.2 - 26.5 degrees celsius depends on the atmospheric temp.
    Gravel used those black ADA soil. Filteration using a mini hangover filter connected to undergravel filter (to prevent baby shrimps from being sucked in the future) with chips of biohome red in it.

Added nutrafin cycle and a photo sythetic bacteria solution(Made in Taiwan) when first set up.
    Also added Seachem Excel and Sera florena after plants added today.

KH & pH not measured yet.

No CO2 injection.

Presently the tank is housing this fish below. Have 7 of them 6 male 1 female(less colourful)

Anyone can help me identify this fish?

Thought of getting a zebra otto to help to keep the tank look "neat & tidy" but am afraid it might eat up or disturb the tied plants.

Thats all for now... will update again.. any changes or add ons...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Ur fishes are in during cycling? Did u use back ur filter media?

JC

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by solonavi
    Ur fishes are in during cycling? Did u use back ur filter media?

JC

Yes.. the biohome chips are frm my old tank, and am using 50% water frm my current established 3 ft tank.

Keep those comments coming...suggestions and feedbacks on the layout plant use.. or anything i should/may add...
    Last edited by flyx; 3rd Mar 2006 at 19:37.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Having problem frm my shrimp tank..discovered this least night..wat are this?? Its growing in only on the driftwood..how do i get rid of it??

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    from what i know, this is fungus from unseasoned wood.... when i had this in my "hall tank", i just rub my fingers on it to make it go... also ur shrimps will eat it as well.... from what I've heard , it is not toxic......

Someone please correct me if i am wrong. I dun wanna be giving wrong info.
    ~ Ā q u ã O b s έ Ş Ş i ŏ ŋ ~
    Once you pop, You can't Stop
    http://aquaobsession.blogspot.com/

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    It is a fungus, don't worry about it, try to get rid of it as much as you can, but it normally goes away after a while. Usually get it when you start a new tank.

Those fish are dwarf badis or dario dario. Not easy to keep with other fish as they are normally stay at the bottom and compete poorly for food witht the rest, even among themselves. Ideally, you should keep them seperate from other fish. I have one in my 1 1/2 foot tank, still doing well, but it is still better on among their own. Some people have good success breeding them in a nano tank with no filter and just ketapang leaves and a small plant or green algae covered stick.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Japan
    i have a strange feeling this tank will look good when its matured..

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by ranmasatome
    i have a strange feeling this tank will look good when its matured..
    Thanks bro..i hope so too... i know it gonna take a long process. months..hehe...

Anyway, am aware that tyhe fishes are scarlet badis..and gonna keep them inside the tank for a while till the tank almost mature..than can get my crs. I also added japonica(took some frm my 3ft planted tank) near the rock area...dunno if they can survive w/o co2 injection and 11w lighting. Thinking also to catch 4 or 5 cherries frm the 3ft tank and put it in...juz to see how it goes..might also help to eat thos white stuff..

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Thumbs up

it will look good when it mature....

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    ah..badi badi~ pretty fish you've got there. your tank looks like a reef tank in a way. can try some valis behind the wood to ceal the lobang..

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Valis???... I think its not suitable cause tank not that tall ... i think those medium ht hair grass more suitable but cant find any..

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    you can get the dwarf hairgrass from pasir ris farmway at the plant farm, there is a whole carpet of them seating in a tray near the tanks.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle-mania
    you can get the dwarf hairgrass from pasir ris farmway at the plant farm, there is a whole carpet of them seating in a tray near the tanks.

dwarf hair grass to short rite??? need something around 10-12cm in ht.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    i've some to spare if you want but you got to collect from my place lo. give u all. coz shutting my iwagumi tank. gonna move soon. ^^ they are medium-tall hairgrass. u can trim them to 15cm..

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    maybe u should have boiled the driftwood beforehand... will season faster this way i think....
    but now cannot liao...
    anyway the woods seems too big to fit in a pot; probably can "microwave" it? hehe

The layout with the rocks and wood looks nice... look forward to more photos

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle-mania
    which pasir ris farmway farm

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen
    i've some to spare if you want but you got to collect from my place lo. give u all. coz shutting my iwagumi tank. gonna move soon. ^^ they are medium-tall hairgrass. u can trim them to 15cm..
    thanks for the offer bro..think i'll let the moss floor grow first and see the outlook..

Quote Originally Posted by gorilla
    maybe u should have boiled the driftwood beforehand... will season faster this way i think....
    Already did that...*sigh*