Thread: Advice needed on setting up a MIN maintaince Planted Aquari

Feedback Score

Advice needed on setting up a MIN maintaince Planted Aquari

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi all,
    I'm actually looking to set up an Aquatic Aquarium. I plan to house some fishes like guppies and neon tetras in it. But the problem is i would like to have really hardy plants in the tank that would require min. care. It would be best if i can do without CO2 and much light. Anyone got any suggestion how i can go about doing it? I have almost ZERO knowledge in setting up a planted aquarium. Pls advice thanks. I don't need a really fantastic looking one just need one that the plants won't die..that's all

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    welcome to AQ, whats yr definition on minimum? there r quite a few low light plants suitable for yr setup.. but best to give us details on yr wattage, tank size.. amazon sword aka echinodorus species, anubias, java fern, cryptos r mostly low light and require little or no CO2.. some of them can be tied to a driftwood while others need a gravel base to grow on, as for CO2,y dun u do a DIY CO2 system (its cheap to do)

for plants info, click here
    or Dennerle or Tropica

Feedback Score
    ----------------
    On 6/6/2002 12:43:58 AM

welcome to AQ, whats yr definition on minimum? there r quite a few low light plants suitable for yr setup.. but best to give us details on yr wattage, tank size.. amazon sword aka echinodorus species, anubias, java fern, cryptos r mostly low light and require little or no CO2.. some of them can be tied to a driftwood while others need a gravel base to grow on, as for CO2,y dun u do a DIY CO2 system (its cheap to do)
    I'm on a 2ft tank with a 20watt overhead pinkish lighting and a overhead filter. What i mean by minimun is like i won't need any maintaince on the plants at all. Maybe the most i have to do is just to pour some liquid fertilizer in? I'm planning to have a couple of plants being grown on the driftwood together with some plants being grown on the gravel base. Could u please kindly advice where i can get the plants and the neceessary stuffs and how much it would cost me? I've already got java fern which are grown in drift wood already. I'm actually looking for java moss being grown on the driftwood but no idea where to get it. Can u pls advice more on what are the plants that i can grow on the gravel base? Hear from u soon. Thanks

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    my hardy low-light plants in the gravel are nanas.
    P-L-E-C-O-R-Y=M-A-N-I-A!!! YEAH!
    FLORENCE, capital of the region of Tuscany, has a population of around half a million inhabitants, spreads on the banks of the Arno, between the Adriatic and the Tyrrhenian seas, almost in the middle of the Italian peninsula. It is a city which bustles with industry and craft, commerce and culture, art and science.