Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Ocean Free "Pure Liquid" and Beneficial Bacteria

Feedback Score

Ocean Free "Pure Liquid" and Beneficial Bacteria

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Would like to enquire whether beneficial bacteria must be added b4 the pure liquid or after the pure liquid?

What differences are there and what's the correct way to use it.

Also can Hagen's "cycle" beneficial bacteria be used in line with Ocean Free's Pure liquid???

Thanks.
    Here fishy fishy fishy =)

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    can I suggest u not to put those in? I dun recommend the use of such solutions

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    yeah Nicky, i strongly agree with Simon ..

such things are short term solutions at best.
    to have long term success you really need to understand and do things from the fundamentals. which means understand water parameters and how they can change and be affected by numerous factors

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    nicky
    are you still experiencing problems replying to that thread?

on topic
    these solutions should do nothing for your tank that a filter will not, given time
    imo they're just a good way for you to empty your pocket and get a quick fix psychologically

it's no coincidence that these 'easy fixes' have been blooming together with the LH
    because many LH owners don't know zip about fishkeeping
    when i look at the slogan for geoliquid i can't help but imagine what self respecting fishkeeper will actually buy it

Feedback Score
    DEA-Thanks 4 e concern pertainig 2 e threadworms aka nemutodes???hehe, did a thorough extermination by adding copper cure and washed my tank squeaky clean!

BTW, feeder fish as in the guppies mollies wun actually be a permanent solution although i know they enjoy SLURRRPPPING the threadyworms but as u noe i keep 2 LHs(male is almost 6inches, female is almost 5inches)it will only result in my tank being rather messy from the dead guppies(also feeder fishes may contain even more pesky parasites which i certainly wud not want it to be introduced to my tank)

Haf been going thru the forum N seems that most ple who use overhead filter always get into the threadywormish frenzy......hopefully it's "really" harmless.

Lastly regards to the threadworm issue, where do they come from???How?why??(had to ask u here becoz i encountered errors whilst trying to reply in the other forum)

Back to TOPIC...
    Simon & LSZ-thanks for the advice, ermm so u guyz suggest that i use the so called 3 in 1 biological filter pads to build up the bacteria colony rather than adding these solutions to speed up the process issit??

As stated becoz i keep LHs so they r rather "messy" feeders u noe lar...and the POO is rather "BIG" so i thought adding these solutions will hasten the breakdown and make it less toxic for the fishes....well do u guys have any other solutions to recommend......thanks!!
    []
    Here fishy fishy fishy =)

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    WHERE they come from is kinda hard to answer
    using chemicals to cure any problem is always potentially dangerous to your fish
    i don't advise doing it
    they depend on leftover food
    if you clean up your leftover food and do frequent water changes you won't need to treat
    i suspect they might be feeding on the wastes from the LH
    not only the overhead filters get it
    both my tanks had them when they were initally setup

as for the pads etc
    don't bother
    if you have any media at all in your overhead the water should be in good enough condition
    you will need to change the water often to prevent the nitrate buildup from the biological cycle

Southern tip of S.E.A and possibly blowing bubbles underwater
    Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    yeah.. agree totally with simon and lsz.. let nature take it own course..[]
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Nicky!

you should also understand that there is not specific products to use for specific purposes..

so if you want good bio filtration..you dont have to die die get those "3 in one " or whatever. Any media that offers good surface area and allow good water flow are all good! many sponges are of good quality.

THis applies also to those "wonder products" we see nowadays in the market. Makes ppl believe that they need this and that to keep fish successfully.

and Geo Liquid, i remember seeing them say "even a monkey can keep a fish using geo liquid" ..Well if you are a self-respecting non-monkey, you dont need it.

About your tank, i just recommend you let the filter run for at least 2 weeks..You can have a couple small fish inside to help with the cycling. You should search the net abt the nitrogen cycle in aquarium. It is important that you understand that one hour of understanding can get you a long long way

once you understand the basics, there really isnt much you need to get.

Forget abt all those water purifying things and all the rest of the gadgets. THey are not needed if you water is fundamentally good...which can be achieved naturally