Images
    Country
    Singapore

L128 pleco

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    OK, I finally got myself a pleco, for no other reasons than that I wanted one. I already had otto and farlowella but they're there for the algae.

Anyway got this little black pleco (4cm) with small blue-white spots, diminishing towards the tail. Some on the fins and on the tip of the tail. According to Gan this is the L128. I looked up planetcatfish but it doesn't have much info. Can anyone tell me more about this thing.

Can I feed it boiled green peas (without the skin)? Should I bother?
    why I don't do garden hybrids and aquarium strains: natural species is a history of Nature, while hybrids are just the whims of Man.
    hexazona · crumenatum · Galleria Botanica

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    wah, that's what i got from gan leh! very nice, huh?

sorry, my fish bible at home. but can tell you that i treat my L128 like my other plecos, various tablet foods. Sometimes cucumber, zucchini, etc, but if they still want to eat up my plants...

congrats on your purchase!
    P-L-E-C-O-R-Y=M-A-N-I-A!!! YEAH!
    FLORENCE, capital of the region of Tuscany, has a population of around half a million inhabitants, spreads on the banks of the Arno, between the Adriatic and the Tyrrhenian seas, almost in the middle of the Italian peninsula. It is a city which bustles with industry and craft, commerce and culture, art and science.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    hey, i bio the L128 too at Gans .... found it very nice but did not buy it in the end, kinda regretted it
    -Paw here-

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 6/10/2002 10:39:05 PM

hey, i bio the L128 too at Gans .... found it very nice but did not buy it in the end, kinda regretted it
    ----------------
    Hi AirStern ! nice meeting u at Nature !. Next time if u c any nice pleco , just buy lah ! if not later sure regret one ! []./
    Hi hwchoy !, L128 is indeed a very nice pleco ! - dark body with light blue spots !. Understand max. size for L128 is around 6" to 8" ( my is about 5" ) ph around 7.0 should do ok, food is what Coryfav have mentioned with the additional of BW and algae wafer should be enuff, hope this help ! cheers ! []

Safe Diving !
    Akoh
    Safe Diving !
    Seeking for the Ultimate Diving Adventure !
    - Sipadan, Similan Islands, Burma Banks, Palau, PNG, Raja Empat ( planning for June 08 )

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi, thanx for the tips. Do I have to explicitly feed him or just let him browse around. I do not have much visible algae but the farlowella seem to be doing fine.

BTW Airstern, still got 2 left at Gan's. Cheong ar.
    why I don't do garden hybrids and aquarium strains: natural species is a history of Nature, while hybrids are just the whims of Man.
    hexazona · crumenatum · Galleria Botanica

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 6/11/2002 2:39:37 PM

Do I have to explicitly feed him or just let him browse around.
    ----------------
    Hwchoy ! try giving him Hikari Algae wafer ! they seem to luv it ! Cheers ! []

Safe Diving !

Akoh
    Safe Diving !
    Seeking for the Ultimate Diving Adventure !
    - Sipadan, Similan Islands, Burma Banks, Palau, PNG, Raja Empat ( planning for June 08 )

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    saw some plecos which looked like L128 in petmart recently. don't know how much $ though.
    FLORENCE, capital of the region of Tuscany, has a population of around half a million inhabitants, spreads on the banks of the Arno, between the Adriatic and the Tyrrhenian seas, almost in the middle of the Italian peninsula. It is a city which bustles with industry and craft, commerce and culture, art and science.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    hi akoh, pls dun say that ... it is an honour seeing you man! although i find it very nice, but wallet is stilla constrain to me as i am still NSF
    -Paw here-

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    airstern, seeing allen at gan when you go and buy pleco/s, is like half striking 4D for me! []
    he gives very good advice, huh!