Images
    Country
    Singapore

Worse LFS ever!

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    There is a LFS at my place which totally sucks! Plus point is that they sell all sorts of hardware, name it from Eheim Professional 3 to the different sized CO2 tanks to an entire range of Ocean-Free products as well as Dennerle.

The only issue with this place is that they do not check their live stock, I was quite upset when I saw a 1 1/2 fish tank housing 4 Arowana (RTS) about 8-9 inches and a tank filled with dyed albino corydoras.

There was even a tank of about 40 or so mid sized lion head goldfishes and 3 were half-dead floating whilst 3 more were already dead and an albino pleco feasting on the dead carcass.

Another 2 feet tank housed five 8-9 inch african knife fish with tattered and ragged torn fins and it even had panda corydoras which looked as if they were suffering, the tanks are totally unkempt and deritus floating all over the place. I wish I could mention this to the LFS owner for the fishes sake but looking at him I believe he's just running the shop for money and not the passion of fish keeping.

His display tank is pretty much a joke, the cardinals he had in there were pretty nice (jumbo sized) but the flora was horrible, floating brown riccia and half dead taiwan moss with blue gree algae all over the place.

Really sad to see the live stock and flora in such a pitiful state. Btw, its over at Blk 4XX Bedok North Ave 2, can't quite remember the name of the shop.
    Last edited by Justikanz; 25th Mar 2006 at 15:26.
    visit my photo albums @ flickr!

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Sounds like your typical neighbourhood market LFS.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Aron, call the SPCA on this guy. That and check your PM

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hey there, just as a correction, it's Aaron, not Aron.

Read your PM already, I guess the first step is for me to call SPCA huh? Will give them a call probably in the office tomorrow, so all I will need to do is to let them know that the LFS is selling dyed fish?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Well it's better than that time i called you Ivan right?
    How's the snails anyway?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Erm, is selling dyed fish illegal? Or it's just that to dye a fish is illegal?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Both are not illegal... It is just cruel to tattoo fishes without their consent.. Just like tattooing your beloved dogs, cat or rabbits with ugly neon colours...
    ~ Vincent ~ Fishes calm your mind...
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/valice/

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by TROUT
    Erm, is selling dyed fish illegal? Or it's just that to dye a fish is illegal?
    It should be... not only because it's cruel, but also because you're selling inferior stock that for me has ALWAYS,100% of the time, come down with freaking tumors all over the body! And it's transmitted by touch!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    i'm living around there too. he's not interested in the fishes, it's some other "things"
    Steve Chua @ Reservoir

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    You know which shop I am talking about? The name of the shop is LXX XXXk Aquarium.

Wonder what is this other "things" you are referring to?
    Last edited by Justikanz; 25th Mar 2006 at 13:00.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Money? Urgh... it's shops like this that make it hard for places like NA and Biotope to survive.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Haha, people sure know that LFS as there is only one Aquarium shop at that block

Last time that LFS is ok, only recently they partiton part of the shop for those game machines, they dont seem to be interested in selling fishes.

Quote Originally Posted by grey_fox
    You know which shop I am talking about? The name of the shop is LXX XXXk Aquarium.

Wonder what is this other "things" you are referring to?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    During the time of the "Luo Han" boom, I think about 5-6 aquarium shops sprung out of no where as there was originally only 1 around my place and so far, only 3 have survived.

2 selling pretty bad and crappy stuff and 1 selling mid-range stuff. Although I wish they'd bring in better items so I don't need to travel all the way to places like NA just to get proper aquarium items.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I've even seen LFS tattooing their luohan with the chinese word "longevity" on it's body. It's a big tattoo - about the size of an MRT card. Can't imagine the pain it was subjected to.

Anyway, not only is the Bedok XXXX LFS guilty of animal/fish neglect, he's also doing himself a great disservice to his own biz (or whoever he's working for)

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I'd imagine shops like this will die out as the population grows more affluent... Correct me if i'm wrong but isn't his customer base made up of "aunties" who keep fish for the sake of having something swim around in the house?

Anyhoo, grey, did the SPCA have anything to say about his neglect?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    yep, i supposed that's his main income. his fishes are only a "show", saying that it's an aquarium shop, analogy to a chinese saying "hunging a goat's head, selling dog's meat"....erh..got that right?

Quote Originally Posted by sheng
    Haha, people sure know that LFS as there is only one Aquarium shop at that block

Last time that LFS is ok, only recently they partiton part of the shop for those game machines, they dont seem to be interested in selling fishes.
    Steve Chua @ Reservoir

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by grey_fox
    There is a LFS at my place which totally sucks! Plus point is that they sell all sorts of hardware, name it from Eheim Professional 3 to the different sized CO2 tanks to an entire range of Ocean-Free products as well as Dennerle.

The only issue with this place is that they do not check their live stock, I was quite upset when I saw a 1 1/2 fish tank housing 4 Arowana (RTS) about 8-9 inches and a tank filled with dyed albino corydoras.

There was even a tank of about 40 or so mid sized lion head goldfishes and 3 were half-dead floating whilst 3 more were already dead and an albino pleco feasting on the dead carcass.

Another 2 feet tank housed five 8-9 inch african knife fish with tattered and ragged torn fins and it even had panda corydoras which looked as if they were suffering, the tanks are totally unkempt and deritus floating all over the place. I wish I could mention this to the LFS owner for the fishes sake but looking at him I believe he's just running the shop for money and not the passion of fish keeping.

His display tank is pretty much a joke, the cardinals he had in there were pretty nice (jumbo sized) but the flora was horrible, floating brown riccia and half dead taiwan moss with blue gree algae all over the place.

Really sad to see the live stock and flora in such a pitiful state. Btw, its over at Blk 4XX Bedok North Ave 2, can't quite remember the name of the shop.
    Damn... I saw this post too late... Guess wat? I just returned from that fishshop 5 minutes ago! (Luckily all i bought was fish food... )

This is the first (and last) time I patroned that shop and this is wat I have to report:

I totally-hands-down agree on the half dead (and now almost dead) moss and the super-grossly-disgustingly-bloated goldfish... ew. Didnt see any dyed fish tho.. but....... i did see this HUGE dead COCKROACH floating on one of the highest tanks... EEEWWWWWWWWWWW...

But to the shop's credit, they have really nice branchy driftwood... and very cheap too.. and they have alot of equipment variety... but til now i am still very traumatised by the vision of that humongous floating dead cockroach....
    Who made up all these rules?
    We follow 'em like fools.
    Believe 'em to be true.
    Don't care to think 'em through.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    unfortunately,even lfs that I like still sell some of them,someone should advise them.
    Last edited by Justikanz; 3rd Apr 2006 at 17:03.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Dude you should check out dead BLOATED floating cockroaches in their tanks. Will always remember that from THAT fish shop. But yeah, credit goes to them for cheap bog woods & lots of hardware.

Quote Originally Posted by Freakin' Fraud
    Damn... I saw this post too late... Guess wat? I just returned from that fishshop 5 minutes ago! (Luckily all i bought was fish food... )

This is the first (and last) time I patroned that shop and this is wat I have to report:

I totally-hands-down agree on the half dead (and now almost dead) moss and the super-grossly-disgustingly-bloated goldfish... ew. Didnt see any dyed fish tho.. but....... i did see this HUGE dead COCKROACH floating on one of the highest tanks... EEEWWWWWWWWWWW...

But to the shop's credit, they have really nice branchy driftwood... and very cheap too.. and they have alot of equipment variety... but til now i am still very traumatised by the vision of that humongous floating dead cockroach....

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Ok... Guys, a reminder... While it is an avenue to let others watch out for bad LFSs, do watch out what you post and post sensibly. We don't want troubles with LFSs claiming we are defaming them... Thank you.
    Read me! :bigsmile: http://justikanz.blogspot.com/

I'm crypt collecting... Starting cheap, now have Cryptocoryne beckettii, C.beckettii var petchii, C.crispatula var.balansae, C.griffithii(Melted! ), C.nurii, C.parva, C.pygmaea(Melted! ), C.tonkinensis(Melted! ), C.walkeri, C.wendtii 'Brown', C.wendtii 'Green', C.wendtii 'Green Gecko', C.wendtii 'Tropica' and Cryptocoryne x willisii

Oh, juggling is hard work, man!...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast