Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Blue Ram dropping dead

Blue Ram dropping dead

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Has anyone out there has any experience in keeping blue ram? I've about 15 ram for about 4 days and they were o.k. except that some of them have white spot which I'm still treating them with Interpre Anti White Spot. So far so good but this evening, 4 died. What could be the problem? Was it due to the heater which I set at 32? Please advice. Thanks!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    32 degrees, ain't it a bit too hot under the collar [scales]?
    If you've learnt, teach, if you have, give.
    Don't walk behind me as I might not lead, don't walk in front of me as I might not follow. Walk beside me, as my friend.
    Mohamad Rohaizal is my name. If it's too hard, use BFG. I don't mind.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    ya, I agree with BFG.. 32 is abit too high.. set to 30 is good enuff to combat white spot with the use of salt

their death may not be becoz of the temp but oso could be the medication.. use the mildest treatment, which is salt..

there is some discussion on the Ram strain found in the Asia region.. some of our oversea comrades found that those from our region is usually weaker and some of them oso discover that the Ram r specially sensitive to nitrate (cannot confirm)

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Actually 32deg is not too hot at all. They will do just fine at that temp which is the normal temp in S'pore. I would suggest it's could be due to the interpet medication as it is quite strong. Did you by any chance put in any other medication? Also do you have a UV filter?

BTW, How big is your tank? 15 rams..... quite alot IMO.
    Cheers!!

Sherwin Choo
    [email protected]

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    dwarfs are very sensitive to medication so do take note.
    Cheers!

Benetay

Something went wrong with this web site. I did type in some reply but I went into preview and after which I closed the window. Now, it shows that I've just sent a message but where was the message? There is a bug. There should be a message before this one.