1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Jebo A-192 CO2 system

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    I've been toying with whether to get a CO2 setup to help cultivate my (not growing so well) plants, so visited Aquamarin with my wife just now looking at some of the CO2 systems. One caught our eye - a Jebo A-102 CO2 system that was selling for $135ish. What attracted to me was that it's disposable, and seemingly a less complicated setup than the CO2 systems involving a canister of gas and pressure gauges.

http://www.jeboaquarium.com/Gravel%2...%20Filters.htm

I couldn't find any information here on these systems - maybe my search parameters were wrong heh - and online, there's just one thread on it at Petfriend.

Anyone has any comments on this setup?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Don't waste your money. If you want, go the gas tank method or else do non-CO2.

Regards
    Peter Gwee

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Ah Ok - but any particular reason why? Hard to regulate the amount of CO2, or risky of failure etc.?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    High long term cost, cannot generate enough CO2 for a high light tank. The method is carbon electrolysis.

Regards
    Peter Gwee

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Like Pete said, don't waste your money. For $135, you can buy the entire cannister setup, solenoid and the diffuser and trouble free Co2 for your entire journey through planted tanks.
    Try Nature aquarium at Thomson, look for Mr Chan. I'm sure you will find what you need over there. If not search through the threads, there is a good number of posts on DIY CO2 system.
    Something about the water & the fishes that calms me down.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Thanks for the tip; yeah, I was thinking of heading to NA tomorrow evening to take a look coincidentally.

My tank's a pretty small one of around 1.5 feet and actually using low light - just 7 watts. The reason why the Jebo system looked attractive was because it's space saving - the tank is on my work table and a canister of gas on the floor is going to look pretty conspicuous.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    You're welcome. The reason I recommended NA because they sell a small aluminium cannister( not ADA ) refillable and you can put it right next to your tank.
    Something about the water & the fishes that calms me down.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I have a Nisso(Japan made) system similar to what you mentioned. If you want, I can sell it to you. But honestly speaking, like the rest, I will not recommend it. Besides the high consumable cost, it also takes up space inside your 1.5 tank and limits the amount of plants you can have inside there. Just get a CO2 tank, if not, get those liquid type CO2 solution where you will add in everyday.

Cheers!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Thanks for the reply.

The high consumable cost doesn't bother me as much as that I need whichever method I use isn't unsightly - a canister of gas really would look awkward given where my tank is.

What is this liquid CO2 solution / method though? That sounds promising, since it sounds as though it just is a bottle of droplets I feed into the water everyday.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I think it is from Sera, think named as Excel. I believe my friend got it from NA at Thomson. U may wish to wait for more replies from the members here on its uses.

I'm not sure but I think some people use the ADA drop checker to dispence away with CO2 cylinder. You may wish to enquire more about it.

Cheers!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia
    excel is from seachem. look here for more info.
    ada drop checker is used for monitoring co2 level/concentration.

since cost is not a big issue, you can purchase high quality co2 system (cylinder, regulator, needle valve and solenoid). these high quality system are reliable and looks good too. look here and here.
    thomas liew