Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Spawning?

Feedback Score

Spawning?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    My agassizii female just ate her eggs which were her first spawn in my tank recently.
    Yesterday, I noticed she turned very yellow again and seems to be trying to attract the male by swimming at her side whenever he is close by.

Is she spawning again?

How long is the interval between spawns and can anyone describe the spawning behavior.

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    i usually get spawn from the same female every 2 weeks.. I think it varies... remember benny replying in one thread abt the female showing her underbelly after she had laid the eggs..

Feedback Score
    Does showing belly mean "Come fertilise my eggs" or something else?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    dun really know.. have to ask benny, he has been reading alot on cichlid and dwarf cichlid

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    After spawning female apisto usually show her true fierce self, if the male swims about and not caring to protect his perimeters, the female will go up to the male and nip him. There are other behaviour noticed after spawning. The female will show the male her belly which has a black stripe underneath it .

I've come across another female which isn't the the female who lays the egg but act like one, she turn yellowish but doesn't have an area to take care of so she goes up to the male and pretend that she is the female but some how the male knows the different and chase her away.

There are many behaviour in a small little apisto, all of you guys just need more time to understand them. I may be wrong in certain expects but i tally my judgement with articles.

I believe in trying then reading everything from the book, they may be correct to a certain extend but may not be entirely true so the only way to find out is to try[] .

My 2cts worth
    Cheers!

Benetay

Feedback Score
    Thanks Simon n Bene,
    This is getting more and more interesting by the day. I need to get some reference book to read up more about breeding.
    Now I understand why someone can get so obssesed with keeping n breeding apistos.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    LOL.. enjoy gerald..kekekeeee

another observation
    the tail-whipping behaviour isnt only when courtship, the female does that after she has her fry to protect her young...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Welcome in [] We are one big family, for me i'm not selfish of my tactics , technic,ways,solution,methods of keeping or even breeding apisto, i share what i know to the rest for it's something worth coming together as one +)
    Cheers!

Benetay