Date of Exhibition: 15 to 23-June-2002
    Category A: Body Length from 6 inches & above
    Category B: Body Length from 4~6 inches
    Category Special: Unique & outstanding species

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    This event will sure jack up the fever even more. []
    If you've learnt, teach, if you have, give.
    Don't walk behind me as I might not lead, don't walk in front of me as I might not follow. Walk beside me, as my friend.
    Mohamad Rohaizal is my name. If it's too hard, use BFG. I don't mind.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    hear yee hear yee.... STupid BIG [] Head Fish competition.... sucks.....
    It's getting HOTTER each day.... now my place within radius of 100m already 2 LHFS

guess the fire just got bigger with the ST paper feature on LH and this competition.... even the aunties are rearing it....... properly will take another year the heat die down.....[] [] [] [] []

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I Don't think so! I think these monsters will be revered the status the same arowanas has been regarded highly of. Fish that bring luck! Unless the AVA intervene n ban these fishes [highly unlikely] then they are here 2 stay. []
    If you've learnt, teach, if you have, give.
    Don't walk behind me as I might not lead, don't walk in front of me as I might not follow. Walk beside me, as my friend.
    Mohamad Rohaizal is my name. If it's too hard, use BFG. I don't mind.

Feedback Score
    me and lsz saw some sort of competition for LH at QH too, but we didnt bother to take a further look ...
    To each her own fish !
    petfrd

Actually, LH are beautiful fishes. If only they come in dwarf form, I'll get them. They are too big and must be kept at most a pair in a big tank. What a waste of tank space. I think they will be around for at least a couple of years. Heard from some 'experts' that these fishes are man-made. They are crossed (god knows what method they used) to form new forms and colour and I believe there should be a range of new 'products' waiting to flood the market just like new handphones Wonder who is controlling the market right now? Is any goverment body looking into the possible cause of having too many LH in our natural environment? Just image, if only LHs are in our reservoir, what would happen to our drinking water?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    have anyone thought the report in straits time is one sided?

have anyone thought it might be an attempt to revive the now slightly declining LH trade ?

Had anyone suspected some connection....LH breeders are now very powerful in the trade ......... ?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I did [] It is just like the pirated VCD hawkers, it a syndicate of money-driven people.
    Work Whenever, Fish Forever.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    hahaha , my place has 3 LH shops within a radius of 15m....

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    even the bird shop at serangoon north ( next to Rainbow ) is converting part of the shop selling LH ! LOL !

safe Diving !
    akoh
    Safe Diving !
    Seeking for the Ultimate Diving Adventure !
    - Sipadan, Similan Islands, Burma Banks, Palau, PNG, Raja Empat ( planning for June 08 )

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I dun think the LH will totally go away, but I certainly hope the trend cools down soon.

A cichlid shop near my place converted almost completely to LH. Even bought the shop next door and setup a LH fish farm in it.
    Vincent - AQ is for everyone, but not for 'u' and 'mi'.
    Why use punctuation? See what a difference it makes:
    A woman, without her man, is nothing.
    A woman: without her, man is nothing.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    allen, in serangoon north, when you walk along the stretch of shops where the 2 vets are, start from the hardware shop to rainbow and then laugh all the way home![:0]

actually i think 2 or 3 of the birdshops along that stretch have got luohans if not tanks! and not forgetting the hardware shop - look at their signage - tank partition takes priority at the top of the list!!![] it's a luohan town over there now!

those who normally visit The Fish & Pet Place, round the corner has 2 new LHS only 2 shops away from each other![]
    P-L-E-C-O-R-Y=M-A-N-I-A!!! YEAH!
    FLORENCE, capital of the region of Tuscany, has a population of around half a million inhabitants, spreads on the banks of the Arno, between the Adriatic and the Tyrrhenian seas, almost in the middle of the Italian peninsula. It is a city which bustles with industry and craft, commerce and culture, art and science.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    $8 hair cut and FREE LH ............hahahahaaa

LH,LH and more LH. Some people are happy with big money in their pocket but some are unhappy because LH reduces the chance of getting new types of fishes in the market. Life is such. The LH might have actually provided many with food esp. during this bad economy downturn. Let's hope that things will balance out some how. I always believe that article are published for a purpose. They always tell you one side of a story and in doing so, most of the reader to be 'made' to think in certain direction. Everyone is doing that. Check esp. those from the government's. That's the beauty of languages and mass media. Remember, words can kill and what I said might one day get me into trouble.[]

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    dennisk

i dont think featuring one person housing his fish in 2ft tanks helps a lot in providing accurate information abt husbandry of the fish

i dont think highly of the "experts" interviewed.

Only favourable comments had been given.

I dont think most ppl will like you said think of the other side of it. These ppl will be those relatively new to fishkeeping. They see nothing wrong in what was written in the report. INformation and "knowledge" in it was absorbed eagerly , and they are on the way to their first Luohan.

personally i dont think we have that "beautiful" a media.
    My father had been in the press for 30years

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 6/13/2002 11:29:44 PM

LH,LH and more LH. Some people are happy with big money in their pocket but some are unhappy because LH reduces the chance of getting new types of fishes in the market. Life is such. The LH might have actually provided many with food esp. during this bad economy downturn. Let's hope that things will balance out some how. I always believe that article are published for a purpose. They always tell you one side of a story and in doing so, most of the reader to be 'made' to think in certain direction. Everyone is doing that. Check esp. those from the government's. That's the beauty of languages and mass media. Remember, words can kill and what I said might one day get me into trouble.[]
    ----------------
    imo, its monkey see monkey do situtation, everyone is making money outta it.. for those lfs who stay LH-less, kudos to them..

there r some breeders/keepers who is trying to promote their fishes, while some of expoiting the chance to make a sum.. putting food on the table? recovering cost? I supposed u dun need 68k to feed yr family rite? wat I feel sad is the way fishkeeping education isnt passed down... go to some forums and read, if u really had a bad day, i guarantee it will entertain u. as for the media, they r simply reporting on the craze.

as for those members who r frustrated, and really hate LH.. pls bare in mind that we r all hobbist, LH or non-LH, and everyone is entitled to their beliefs. since this LH craze started, most of us (excluding LH keepers) were deprived of other fishes, me including.. but look at the brighter side, cherish what u do in yr tank. Y make yrself suffer while others r laff.