Country
    England

Going Marine..

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Well, sort of.
    Soon i hope to be setting up a 2ft marine tank of sorts, but with a Dwarf Lionfish in only. Money is on the short side, and i have been told i will be fine with this:

2ft tank/Hood/Lights
    Live Sand/Crushed Coral
    Filter
    Heater
    Hydrometer
    Salt

There was probably something else, but i dont remember. The only fish in the tank will be a Dwarf Lionfish.
    Does this sound ok? Does anyone here keep Dwarf Lionfish?
    Thanks,
    Mez
    Currently keeping many wild betta species and other anabantoids.

Southern tip of S.E.A and possibly blowing bubbles underwater
    Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Firstly, James, Welcome to the dark side.. my young darth sith.. hahaha..u need to take note of the lights and the spectum that the lights emit.. however, if u are keeping a bare tank with just a dwarf lionfish, normal lightings will do...
    what filter are u using.. and will there be any live rocks?

pls read up on keeping marine aquarium.. especially on maturing the tanks.. the entire cycle can take up to 28 days.. from the time u intro bacteria to colonise the filter, sand bed etc... oh yes.. u need a protein skimmer.. []
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    England
    Hi Kelvin[]
    I talked to "Dan" (your fellow moderator) via email, and he said as long as i do regular water changes, a protein skimmer on a 2ft tank with 1 fish only will not be needed. is this true?
    Also, about cycling. Yes, i am aware of the cycling period..because FW tanks cycle also
    Thanks,
    Mez

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    England
    Oh, and as for filtration..
    Im not sure yet. I have been told a pair of internal filters would work, but having a small cannister would be better.
    Any ideas?
    Money is an issue..
    Mez

Southern tip of S.E.A and possibly blowing bubbles underwater
    Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    and he said as long as i do regular water changes, a protein skimmer on a 2ft tank with 1 fish only will not be needed. is this true?
    yes.. but wouldn't that be troublesome.. having to change the water so often??

Im not sure yet. I have been told a pair of internal filters would work, but having a small cannister would be better.
    internal canister will take up precious space in the tank..if possible, go for canister instead... but make sure that the canister is able to support the tank.. alternatively, DIY a sump for the tank[] all the best for your tank...any problems.. just post..
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    England
    Hi Kelvin.
    Water changes dont bother me..
    DIY a sump? how? please explain[]
    Mez

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia
    Marine fish can't stand frequent water change when you are using marine salt because even you use reverse osmosis water to mix with marine salt to do water change, the seawater would be too concentrate to fish, try to use natural sea water to do frequent water change if you can.

Anyway, please go and get a pump driven protein skimmer and give your marine fish stable tank condition.
    Aquatic plants and LEGO collector.