Country
    Malaysia

Spots on my nana

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi,

Just wondering how do i get rid of some green spots on my nana leaves?

thanks in advanced

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    If you're dosing the EI way, increase phosphate dosage. I've grown Nanas in 36W and 72W over a 2ft 16 gallon tank. No problems with green spots on them.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    If you dose the EI amount, you shouldn't have an issue. EI addresses the nutrients side but not the CO2. Focus on that instead.

Regards
    Peter Gwee

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterGwee
    If you dose the EI amount, you shouldn't have an issue. EI addresses the nutrients side but not the CO2. Focus on that instead.

Regards
    Peter Gwee
    Peter :

No matter how high is my per PO4 dosage (using EI) and CO2 misting method, green spot will return under high light area (MH 150x2).

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by neon
    Peter :

No matter how high is my per PO4 dosage (using EI) and CO2 misting method, green spot will return under high light area (MH 150x2).
    The bio-indicator tells you clearly you still have room for improvement. Luis Navarro has loads of light over his tanks and yet his plants are algae free...why?

Regards
    Peter Gwee

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    geez. Thanks for the piece of information.
    Always used to have a mis conception that lighting was the root cause of the spot on my nanas. Which is why i ended putting them in a shaddy spot which indeed helps to improve abit.

The bio-indicator tells you clearly you still have room for improvement. Luis Navarro has loads of light over his tanks and yet his plants are algae free...why?

Regards
    Peter Gwee

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Regards
    Peter Gwee
    another lesson learned, thanks Peter Gwee!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Regards
    Peter Gwee
    This is the area I am still trying to narrow down, but no clue what to look for ?
    Right now :
    * tank : 6x2x2
    * EI dosing: 3 x macro NPK , 3 x micro , 50% WC / week + 2 tblspoon of Equilibrium.
    * lighting : 2 x 150w (8000K) MH , 10 hrs
    * CO2 : 2 separate CO2 tube into 2 power head each with own long rainbar spraying from back to front.
    * water circulation is good
    * chiller : running 26-27 deg.

The PO4 I have even tried to increase per dosage for 2 weeks, the result remain the same.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    This is the area I am still trying to narrow down, but no clue what to look for ?
    Right now :
    * tank : 6x2x2
    * EI dosing: 3 x macro NPK , 3 x micro , 50% WC / week + 2 tblspoon of Equilibrium.
    * lighting : 2 x 150w (8000K) MH , 10 hrs
    * CO2 : 2 separate CO2 tube into 2 power head each with own long rainbar spraying from back to front.
    * water circulation is good
    * chiller : running 26-27 deg.

The PO4 I have even tried to increase per dosage for 2 weeks, the result remain the same.
    CO2. How good of response time do you have? The CO2 should be in a good range say 25-35ppm within 30-60 min after the CO2 system comes on from ambient levels (3-4ppm).

Regards
    Peter Gwee

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    CO2. How good of response time do you have? The CO2 should be in a good range say 25-35ppm within 30-60 min after the CO2 system comes on from ambient levels (3-4ppm).

Regards
    Peter Gwee
    Peter,

I am doing the CO2 misting method. Does the ppm still matter now, I thought the plants will get the CO2 directly from the CO2 mist trapped or flowed underneath the leaves. My injection of CO2 start 2 hrs before lighting hours.

Cheers

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Peter,

I am doing the CO2 misting method. Does the ppm still matter now, I thought the plants will get the CO2 directly from the CO2 mist trapped or flowed underneath the leaves. My injection of CO2 start 2 hrs before lighting hours.

Cheers
    Doing the mist method doesn't mean you can neglect the CO2 ppm concentration. You would still need to have the CO2 in good range within an hour or so after the lights come on. Having good enough current to mix the mist around should make it responsive enough as does a stable bubble rate. If the rate moves, the concentration moves as well.

From what I believe, most of our CO2 regulators are only single stage regulators be it single/dual pressure guages. Dual stage CO2 regulators are more stable/precise in controlling the output pressure but are definitely more expensive as well. Some folks complained that they have alot of CO2 from measurements which might be correct in some cases but the rate of their system varies without them knowing. They can have 10-15ppm of CO2 for the first couple hours before the rate slowly increase and then the CO2 rise into the toxic ranges in which they find they have fish issues. Unless you are dead certain that this does not happen to your system, you can then work on the response times by increasing the flow through the reactor/tank to mix the CO2 in more. Larger tanks have more issues as Tom always points out. You need rapid mixing and even flow to larger tanks to make the response times good enough.

Regards
    Peter Gwee

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Doing the mist method doesn't mean you can neglect the CO2 ppm concentration. You would still need to have the CO2 in good range within an hour or so after the lights come on. Having good enough current to mix the mist around should make it responsive enough as does a stable bubble rate. If the rate moves, the concentration moves as well.

From what I believe, most of our CO2 regulators are only single stage regulators be it single/dual pressure guages. Dual stage CO2 regulators are more stable/precise in controlling the output pressure but are definitely more expensive as well. Some folks complained that they have alot of CO2 from measurements which might be correct in some cases but the rate of their system varies without them knowing. They can have 10-15ppm of CO2 for the first couple hours before the rate slowly increase and then the CO2 rise into the toxic ranges in which they find they have fish issues. Unless you are dead certain that this does not happen to your system, you can then work on the response times by increasing the flow through the reactor/tank to mix the CO2 in more. Larger tanks have more issues as Tom always points out. You need rapid mixing and even flow to larger tanks to make the response times good enough.

Regards
    Peter Gwee
    Peter ,

Agreed that the single-stage regulator indeed inconsistent after you pointed out this out and I did notice this . I have to retune the needle valve everyday .

Do you know where can I get 2-stage regulator and what brand is that ?

Thanks !

Cheers

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Do you know where can I get 2-stage regulator and what brand is that ?
    You might want to go NA and see.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by lwm999
    You might want to go NA and see.
    Does Chan carry 2-stage regulator without the 2 gauges and the solenoid , as my single stage solenoid regulator parts can be transferred ?

Cheers

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Does Chan carry 2-stage regulator without the 2 gauges and the solenoid , as my single stage solenoid regulator parts can be transferred ?

Cheers
    Your rate varies alot throughout the day? Sing Swee Bee Enterprise Pte Ltd should carry 2-stage regulators but then again you need to change parts or perharps take some from the current regulator to retrofit a needle valve.

Regards
    Peter Gwee

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Your rate varies alot throughout the day? Sing Swee Bee Enterprise Pte Ltd should carry 2-stage regulators but then again you need to change parts or perharps take some from the current regulator to retrofit a needle valve.

Regards
    Peter Gwee
    Confirmed and Checked with Gary from SingSweeBee that they don't have 2-stage.

Any other gas company in Singapore dealing with Co2 regulator ?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Might want to ask in the Equipment forum...