Country
    Singapore

Leftovers

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Leftovers

Have been experimenting with leftover items, here is a rock that didn’t make it into my 2ft tank setup with Lilaeopsis brasiliensis lawn and lapis sand substrate. Dish is a microwave dish, which I borrowed from the kitchen.

Lilaeopsis brasiliensis again with wheat grass using a soup plate and lapis sand as the substrate. This set up will probably trashed in a week or so as the wheat grass did not get as dense as expected.

Day 0 and 7 comparisons:

anyone else experimenting with leftovers?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Haha, wow.. you weren't kidding. These really do have that "saturday night leftovers" undertone to them I was expecting more of a nice, neat, japanese bonsai kind of arrangement.

Pic 1 was good... except the grass wasn't fine enough to convey the illusion of size the rock was supposed to have(or am i interpreting wrong?) A few smaller rocks around the big one would've been nice as well. As if they'd fallen off over the millenia? Oh and the two old men playing.. chess? just plain cute

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by XnSdVd
    Haha, wow.. you weren't kidding. These really do have that "saturday night leftovers" undertone to them I was expecting more of a nice, neat, japanese bonsai kind of arrangement.

Pic 1 was good... except the grass wasn't fine enough to convey the illusion of size the rock was supposed to have(or am i interpreting wrong?) A few smaller rocks around the big one would've been nice as well. As if they'd fallen off over the millenia? Oh and the two old men playing.. chess? just plain cute
    Yes the first one is better, just threw some items together. Correct interpretation, like you said the size of the grass is too coarse/ large to convey the scale I would have liked. Two smaller rocks would complement and will keep on the look out for some that would suit

So I am planning to get some fine moss that grows on the walls of drains sometime, but before that I would like to find a square plant dish and have another go

If I knew a place that sold bonsai then probably would just go and buy one or two

Hougang, Singapore / Tg Balai Karimun, Indonesia
    Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Try the old Turf Club. there's this bonsai place called "stone appreciation society" or something like that.
    Warm regards,

Lawrence Lee

brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things.
    Philippians 4:8