Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

shape of steel wire mess for riccia

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Did anyone cut the steel wire to irregular shape to plant their riccia to create more natural look cos the rectangle shape one sold at LFS look sq and man made.

How long will the steel wire last??? won't it rust???? will rust poison the fish???? []

Feedback Score
    lfs selling for 4 sq mesh of abt 5cm by 6cm for $5. dont know if its expensive or not. i dont thk it will rust right?? its stainless steel anyway.
    To each her own fish !
    petfrd

no point cutting the wire mesh to shape cuz the riccia will soon grow out beyonf the boundaries. just trim the riccia to the shape you want!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    hippo, cos i saw those LFS one square shape even the riccia out grow the wire boundires... but point taken on trim to shape... thanks[:]

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    When I grew my Riccia, did not bother shaping it cos it soon grew into a piece lawn.....
    Cheers!!

Sherwin Choo
    [email protected]

I think what's more effective is not to cut the square piece into the shape you want cuz the riccia won't keep to the boundary shape and trust me its very irritating to cut the steel mesh, very tuff to cut thru, but to actually simply bend the mesh into a hump so your riccia can grow on it and look like a grass hill.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 6/19/2002 5:12:12 PM

Did anyone cut the steel wire to irregular shape to plant their riccia to create more natural look cos the rectangle shape one sold at LFS look sq and man made.

How long will the steel wire last??? won't it rust???? will rust poison the fish???? []
    ----------------

ya.. i cut b4 for my 3ft tank.. i got those big stainless steel mesh from the city area for the price of around $8 for a size of 1ftX3ft long.. cheaper and wont rust!.. and u can cut into any shape u want.. from my experience.. it is not that diff.. to cut.
    u can take a look at my website's page Riccia where u can see the stainless steel mesh.. and my 3ft tank planted with riccia using stainless steel mesh.. hope this can help
    cheers

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi Yes, where can we get those soft netting that is safe for aquarium ?
    Click to My Aquarium Blog
    I Love Corydoras, Planted Tank and Taiwan ( Singaporean )

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Yes.... interesting web site you have[] nice
    any hardware shop will sell the stainless steel wire, right? and i am looking high and loe for the soft netting to cover the top of the steel wire. thanks

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Me too, i'm looking for the small netting to wrap the riccia over the wire mesh. from what i got from Nature, the netting holes seems too big for my mini riccia. my riccia is so small and needs those netting with smaller holes, where can i get? i have an idea now, those veil that people use for wedding, white netting, think can get green ones, may try that... can get from handicraft shop! yes! suddenly thought of this when want to ask you guys...got this idea. i have alot of white ones, think green ones will be better. they're affordable.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Guys, I bought those soft netting from Ah Pek at Pasir Ris FF at Lor Halus.
    If you've learnt, teach, if you have, give.
    Don't walk behind me as I might not lead, don't walk in front of me as I might not follow. Walk beside me, as my friend.
    Mohamad Rohaizal is my name. If it's too hard, use BFG. I don't mind.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    buy garlics from supermarket, get those wrapped in a plastic stretchable netting (like stockings type), eat garlic, keep net for riccia [:]
    why I don't do garden hybrids and aquarium strains: natural species is a history of Nature, while hybrids are just the whims of Man.
    hexazona · crumenatum · Galleria Botanica

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Just bought a green net mesh 1ftx3ft for S$1.20. The one use as overlay for frame on open top Aquarium tank normally seen for Arowana, in the past I guess.

I think flexible enough. Only fear is not sure is Aqua safe.
    Do I need to worry about it ?
    Click to My Aquarium Blog
    I Love Corydoras, Planted Tank and Taiwan ( Singaporean )

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    me used the netting for my riccia last time. It had wax layer which I simply just can't remove. I tried boiling it, scrubing it with soap but the oily feel juz won't go away. Anyway, I juz used it and it was ok..... juz give it a good wash and I think you're set.....
    Cheers!!

Sherwin Choo
    [email protected]

you can get the green mesh from the hardware shop next to gen x at clementi, bought mine there. 1 ft length goes for 90c.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    The green netting can get almost anywhere as it is quite common
    Cheers!!

Sherwin Choo
    [email protected]

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 6/20/2002 10:38:13 PM

buy garlics from supermarket, get those wrapped in a plastic stretchable netting (like stockings type), eat garlic, keep net for riccia [:]
    ----------------
    Yeah .. I used that to net my X'moss....