Country
    United Kingdom

diagnosis help - dwarf cichlid

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi all

I have a green ram that has developed a whitish lump on its head that I'm not able to identify. It's like a band of white that stretches across its head, between the eyes. It occured once before about 4 months ago but it disappeared without any treatment within a about a week (tank was relatively new then and ram went in about 3 weeks after initial set-up), though it looked more like a lump than a band that time. Anyway, it's re-appeared and again, it could be down to the fact that I've bought a bigger tank (125 litre) and is again around 3 weeks old, though I added the previous water and filter to it to speed up the bio process. Water quality is OK with ammonia at between zero and 0.25, nitrate at 20, pH at 7.0 and nitrites slightly high at 0.50 (though I'm told this shouldn't be much of a concern - is this right?). Fish doesn't seem too concerned, is eating well and in good health otherwise. Any ideas?

Pics attached.

Cheers,
    suedehead.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by suedehead; 4th May 2006 at 05:32.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi Suedehead,
    Welcome to Aquatic Quotient, from the pictures can't really make anything out of it. Might be just abbrasions, since it is feeding well probably observe it for a few more days and see. You might want to add a pinch of salt just to be sure. Keep us updated, thanks.
    Something about the water & the fishes that calms me down.