Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Does simulating real world conditions really improve the health of plants?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Malaysia

Arrow Does simulating real world conditions really improve the health of plants?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    I understand some forummers try to simulate the day and night cycles of real world by having different lights of different intensities and temperature range on at different times. It got me wondering, does change in water temperature (as in morning is much cooler outdoors) also affect the health of the plants? I say this because planted tanks are kept indoors and the temperature does not fluctuate as much as those kept outdoors. My question is, does simulating the natural biotope conditions of plants right down to their day and night lightings and temperatures improve the plant's health? Has anyone done any experimentation on this care to share their findings?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    may be, but is it worth the hassle? You'll probably need some kind of automated dimmer control for the lights, but most daylight tubes cannot use that. And you'll need some kind of thermostat that has not one, but several preset temp control that varies by different time of the day. Where to find such a thing?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    United_States
    Some folks seem to make that assumption, but..............

Do agricultural crops do better when we take good care and fertilize, weed the fields etc, or if we take a plant and plant it somewhere in nature?

We'd be starving if so.

We are gardening here, it's no different.
    There's no "natural" about it.

Regards,
    Tom Barr