Country
    Singapore

3ft setup

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hello,
    I am doing a simple vivarium/palaudrium (never really fully understood the terms) setup with an old 3 ft. I have setup the 'hardscape' and will take pics for some comments later.

However, I would first like to post a Question:
    I have large pieces of wood, actually one of which is treefern origin, which are partially submerged, they tan the water quite a bit. although it looks quite natural and not that bad, but just asking how I may reduce the colour, long-term strategy.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Justikanz; 14th May 2006 at 17:56.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    By doing water changes, or using activated carbon in the beginning stages of the set-up.
    Call me Brian.

P.S. This is what part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R were eliminated.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by brianclaw
    By doing water changes, or using activated carbon in the beginning stages of the set-up.
    Hi,
    thanks for the input, but I dont think it would last would it?

ok, here is a poorly taken pic,
    ignore the pots, just testing ot the positioning.

sorry for the ugly tank, I mentioned it was old right?...
    I am not planning on a bark backdrop or something expensive: I am doing this because the tank was thrown away by neighbour, leaks above the 1/2 height mark, hence the ugly silicon..
    I am not planning on a high-maintenence or high-light tank, thats why I am testing these ferns.
    the tree fern fibre gives very good substrate for planting, because it gives SoMe moisture and is used for eppiphytic plants, I am open to ideas as to planting on these.

the betta is just testing the water

advice regarding wallpaper colour and planting, lighting and such are much appreciated,

Thank you

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi again,
    took some pics today,

I am not too sure about teh pots and stuff yet, I amp hoping the plants can cover it up, yet am hoping the ladder ferns dont get too big.

Can anyone suggest a good background colour?
    Please feel free to comment.
    anyway, how do you guys feed your amphibians? mealworms and crickets? I was thinking along the lines of switching on the lights at night, or haning some fruit in there to attract fruit flies (you can see an apple core which I was experimenting with in the 1st pic! didnt really work well)
    thanks

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Suggest cork bark for the background... Or make your own (check the sticky )

What amphibians are you keeping now?

That fern will grow BIG... and once it starts growing, it grows fast...
    Read me! :bigsmile: http://justikanz.blogspot.com/

I'm crypt collecting... Starting cheap, now have Cryptocoryne beckettii, C.beckettii var petchii, C.crispatula var.balansae, C.griffithii(Melted! ), C.nurii, C.parva, C.pygmaea(Melted! ), C.tonkinensis(Melted! ), C.walkeri, C.wendtii 'Brown', C.wendtii 'Green', C.wendtii 'Green Gecko', C.wendtii 'Tropica' and Cryptocoryne x willisii

Oh, juggling is hard work, man!...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    The water is really brown. But its nice setup. =)