Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Help !!

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    I have 12 Cardinal Tetras and 2 Balloon Rams in my planted tank. I just discovered that the fishes have been attacked by some sort of parasite. There seems to be tiny white spots on their bodies and some of the Cardinals are missing their fins and tails. So far they seem to be swimming and eating normal but I'm worried it develops into something more serious and wipe out the fish population in the tank.

What should I do? What is the cause? Any fish medication available in the market? Do I need to separate the fishes into another tank while treating them with the medication?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hmm... There would be better response if this is in the right forum... Moving there for you... Please post in the right forum next time.

But from what you wrote, the fish should be suffering from white spot, or ich.
    Read me! :bigsmile: http://justikanz.blogspot.com/

I'm crypt collecting... Starting cheap, now have Cryptocoryne beckettii, C.beckettii var petchii, C.crispatula var.balansae, C.griffithii(Melted! ), C.nurii, C.parva, C.pygmaea(Melted! ), C.tonkinensis(Melted! ), C.walkeri, C.wendtii 'Brown', C.wendtii 'Green', C.wendtii 'Green Gecko', C.wendtii 'Tropica' and Cryptocoryne x willisii

Oh, juggling is hard work, man!...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Ich can be very deadly if left unattended. Can try waterlife Protozin, quite effective against the disease.
    Something about the water & the fishes that calms me down.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by michael lai
    Ich can be very deadly if left unattended. Can try waterlife Protozin, quite effective against the disease.
    Bro, thanks a lot for moving my thread . BTW is that the brand of medication (Waterlife Protozin) or the chemical itself? Can I just get it from any LFS. Hope I'm not too late to rescue those fishies. Some look lethargic already.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    It is the brand of the medication, Waterlife. Protozin. From my personal experience, you have a very high chance of 0% death if infection is discovered on the first day and treated. Try methylene blue and salt, Coppersafe by Mardel both also good. Off your chiller or fan if you have 1 on now. Watch your oxygen level if your bioload is high. After the first week, secondary infection will set in so don't procrastinate! Hurry and best of luck.
    Something about the water & the fishes that calms me down.