Country
    Singapore

Help needed! Stray dog found.

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi all,

I'm in need of some advise/help here. I found a dog (owned by someone) at the foot of my block last night.

After seeing the poor dog, my friends and I went round hoping to see the frantic owner looking for his/her dog, but to our dismay no one was around at all! We waited for about a few hours till 11 plus. So in turn my girlfriend decided to take in the dog for a night only.

My friend was supposed to help house the dog till we can find the owner but her mom disagreed.

So I am in a fix.

I am wondering how I can help deal with this issue. I do not want to release it into the streets as this dog is truly domesticated (tested with basic sit, heel, stay commands)

She is a really cute fella and I suspect about roughly 2-3 years old only (super active and playful).

Here's a photo of her.

I'm thinking of calling the SPCA but at the same time hoping that the responsible owner will put up posters or some form of notice.

Or if anyone is able to house her till further notice, that would be much appreciated.

Please note that this dog is NOT FOR KEEPS, I am intending to have her returned to her owner.
    visit my photo albums @ flickr!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Cute fella....There's this doggie site, you will find help there.
    www.doggiesite.com
    ...I love rubies too ...
    Ken

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Maybe the owners did that on purpose... *Sigh*... A trip to SPCA might spell death for this cutie...
    Read me! :bigsmile: http://justikanz.blogspot.com/

I'm crypt collecting... Starting cheap, now have Cryptocoryne beckettii, C.beckettii var petchii, C.crispatula var.balansae, C.griffithii(Melted! ), C.nurii, C.parva, C.pygmaea(Melted! ), C.tonkinensis(Melted! ), C.walkeri, C.wendtii 'Brown', C.wendtii 'Green', C.wendtii 'Green Gecko', C.wendtii 'Tropica' and Cryptocoryne x willisii

Oh, juggling is hard work, man!...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by Justikanz
    Maybe the owners did that on purpose... *Sigh*... A trip to SPCA might spell death for this cutie...
    Serious?! They'll put her down??

Anyways, please help to relay the message across to your friends or colleagues. I won't want to see SPCA put her down at all.

Link: http://www.doggiesite.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=783588

P/S: Thanks Fei Miao! Appreciate your assistance for the link.
    visit my photo albums @ flickr!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I said might... Was told because the SPCA does not have a lot of space, some of the animals will have to be put to sleep if they are not claimed...
    Read me! :bigsmile: http://justikanz.blogspot.com/

I'm crypt collecting... Starting cheap, now have Cryptocoryne beckettii, C.beckettii var petchii, C.crispatula var.balansae, C.griffithii(Melted! ), C.nurii, C.parva, C.pygmaea(Melted! ), C.tonkinensis(Melted! ), C.walkeri, C.wendtii 'Brown', C.wendtii 'Green', C.wendtii 'Green Gecko', C.wendtii 'Tropica' and Cryptocoryne x willisii

Oh, juggling is hard work, man!...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I was told the classified ads in The Straits Time for found pets are free!
    I have some doubts though!
    Anyone can verify???

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Japan
    i would help but i already have 4 at home and its a riot... perhaps i can ask a friend for you..

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Perhaps the dog can be sent to a vet to check whether there is a microchip implanted. If it has, it would have been registered with petcall.org and the owner traced. Not sure how much the vet would charge though. An alternative would be to put up photostated copies of "Found" posters in the vicinity of where you found the dog. However, don't be surprised if you receive a call from your friendly HDB office to remove them!! Pls call CATS to put in a notice under Lost and Found. It is FOC.