Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

1 gauge vs 2 gauges regulators

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi, I am currently using a Vista 2-gauge regulator, with solenoid. My understanding is that 1 guage measures the tank pressure (typically 1000 psi) and is also indicative of the amount of residual CO2 in the tank. The other gauge measures the step-down output pressure of about 50-60 psi. Both the knobs on the tank and regulator do not control the pressure. If my equipment is working fine, then is it correct that a single gauge regulator with a good needle valve will do? Regards.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia
    yes. one gauge shows the cylinder pressure (~1000+ psi) while the other shows the output (working) pressure. the tap on the cylinder is the main control valve which will release/shut co2 supply.

normally, single gauge regulators are not regulators but simple throttle valve. the output pressure is almost uncontrollable and co2 flowrate is almost impossible to control.

needle valves may have an pressure limit of 10 bars (~145 psi). if attached to a throttle valve, it may leak or misoperate. worst case will be something flying out from the needle valve and puncturing something.
    thomas liew