Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

What happened to my fish?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here

Please see the picture, any idea what happened to the killifish? She has been like that for a few weeks, eating as normal. Any cure for it and will it spread?
    My Apisto Keeping Diary
    Apistogramma agassizii, Apistogramma bitaeniata "Careiro", Apistogramma brevis, Apistogramma elizabethae, Apistogramma eremnopyge, Apistogramma sp. "Miua", Dicrossus filamentosus

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    hi jacian

I cant remember the exact name of the diease but think at this stage it may be difficult to save...its an internal bacterial infection that causes the fish to grow thin even though they are feeding.....they will grow so thin till they look like a living carcass......
    [email protected]
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The title below my name does not make me a guru...listen at your own risk!...

Feedback Score
    Images
    yup David is right, the red sore is most likely caused by internal bacteria aeromonas, commercial medicine for internal bacteria doesn't help at this stage. You need antibiotics, oxolinic acid, TMP-4, erythromycin either in food or in water, which I am also looking for let me know if you manage to find them

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    erythromycin can be found in maracyn
    aeromonas normally causes finrot

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Thanks for the reply....I guess it is a gone case.
    BTW, what is the likely cause and does it spread?
    My Apisto Keeping Diary
    Apistogramma agassizii, Apistogramma bitaeniata "Careiro", Apistogramma brevis, Apistogramma elizabethae, Apistogramma eremnopyge, Apistogramma sp. "Miua", Dicrossus filamentosus

Feedback Score
    Images
    maracyn...hmm...seen it in Hong Kong aquariums, but Singapore...not very popular isn't it? Anybody heard of Romet B before?, can I find it in Singapore?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    jacian usually if the fish is alive the chances of spreading is relatively low....even if it gets passed out from the poop, it has to be consumed by another fish in order to get infected. Its is when the fish dies and get feasted upon where the chances increase alot.

It is stange however that your killifish got infected as this is predominantly a tetra thing....

you may want to take a precautionary measure by dosing with Interpet No.9?...DEA, Sunfish....
    [email protected]
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The title below my name does not make me a guru...listen at your own risk!...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Guys! Help ! Help ! Help ! something is very wrong with my pleco too ! for last week alone ! I lose a L46 Zebra, a L47 Magnum or yellow seam (this morning only ), L155 black adonis , two dwarf farlowellas, a giant farlowella ! and a few species of characin ! . All " goner " particularly the plecos have sunken eye and belly !. The rest of the plecos and cories look okay to me but I just want to be sure !.
    Keep asking myself whether I should go ahead and treat the entire tank ! , Previously and presently I'm using the " 3rd Generation Ocean Free stuff, for internal bacterial infection " . Any other " good " stuffs you guys can recommend, help appreciated !

Akoh
    Safe Diving !
    Safe Diving !
    Seeking for the Ultimate Diving Adventure !
    - Sipadan, Similan Islands, Burma Banks, Palau, PNG, Raja Empat ( planning for June 08 )