Country
    Singapore

ALL Dead...

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    hi guys

bought 2 parrotfish and put inside my office. was ok from mon-fri but when i came bk on mon all died.... any idea why? it's kinda stuffy and warm over the weekends when the aircon is off. could this be the reasons?

pls post

joe

Feedback Score
    u got put air pump?or does ur office is in an enclosed condition during wkend?if so it may led to fish dieing due to insufficient air flow.

rgds
    LH is the power to the dark side.LH leads to fear.Fear leads to anger.Anger leads to hate.Hate leads to suffering.....

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Did u cycle your tank? If not, then most likely died of ammonia poisoning.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    moved to fishkeeping

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    how big is the tank?

how long had the tank been set up before the fish were put in? Or did you set up everything and put the fish in straight?

what filter you use?

if new tank, I suspect ammonia poisoning. The water can get very warm under your given condition. And dissolved oxygen reduces drastically in warm water. All these factors can contribute to death

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Sorry to hear about your lost

Did your office still have electricity supply during the weekends? Most of the offices saves cost by having power-cut to all the power supllies during the weekends.

If not, it could be the heat. An office without air-con supply can get really stuffy and hot, like a car with its windows shut and air-con off. Even if its in shade, the temp. can get really high.
    Work Whenever, Fish Forever.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I'm guessing there is a possibility the fish was not comfortable with the temp change so drastically. Normally with air con the temp is around 22 deg. Maybe over the weekend it change to 32 deg. Quite a big shock I believe. For a smaller tank this change is even faster...
    Cheers!!

Sherwin Choo
    [email protected]

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    hi all

my office don't cut off electric supply on weekends. the filter is working i'm using the ehime liberty top filter. the biggest one available. the tank is pretty small properly half of 2 feet. no air pump. just the top filter with the water splashing out. i cycled the tank for almost 2 weeks.

it's do get pretty stuffy over the weekend when the aircon is off. i've changed the water after the fish died and add on airpump for the air stone. hope this time round the air circulation will be better...

wat u guys think leh?

kam sia

joe

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    i still believe it is the temperature and the "stuffiness"

because we had a tankful died off due to similar circumstances..

Does the office have large glass pane windows?
    The amount of sunlight that goes into the office plays a big part too

yeah an an airpump definitely will help but i suggest you still keep an eye on it.

can even consider getting a small AC fan to install on the tank and on it during the weekends

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I started this hobby in my previous office. I used to keep my 1ft tank with just a small internal pump/filter in it. My fishes did quite well despite the fact that I didn't even bother to change the water, just topping it up and wash my filter sponge once every few weeks. My chinese algae eat grew so big that it surprised me.

However, after I brought the tank home and went on a holiday, all my fishes died cos' my dad overfed them and contaminated the tank with leftovers.
    Work Whenever, Fish Forever.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Same here. Currently, I have 0.5ft tank at my desk with 3 guppies, 1 oto, 2 ghost shrimps and 1 malayan shrimp.

All of them doing well except that my shrimps and oto aren't too active.
    Water temp is about 22deg while my office's air con is off at 8pm and during weekend. But all seems well... Heehee, 2 of my female guppies seems to be gravid now.