Thread: Betta mania

Feedback Score

Betta mania

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi,

I have a betta kept in my 2ft tank, together with 6 cardinals, 2 Otto, 2 SAEs, 2 panda corys and 5 Yamato prawns. The betta seems to be very active, swimming in between plants driftwoods. Eversince the betta was introduced into the tank, I have been getting regular casualties (first it attacked one of my SAE, it died (witnessed it was attacked by betta), next 2 of my prawns were attacked and died too.

The betta does not seem to eat anything. Thought it was hungry and thus becomes aggressive. Even after I fed it with blood worms (which it ate it with mucg delight), next day I saw it attacked another of my yamato and died.

Anybody has any experience on this? I love the betta cos it really brightens up my tank but I just cannot let it stay cos it will mean more casualty.
    Any suggestions to "tame" the betta or ways to resolve this is most welcome.

Thanks

Southern tip of S.E.A and possibly blowing bubbles underwater
    Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    i separated my betta from the planted tank after i discovered that it peck and attacked my malayan shrimps.. and do chase some of my tetras and even bitten off a chunk of my black molly's tail.. unfortuately, there is not way to tame the betta.. and what pisses me off was that it ate the baby mollies which i tried to raise...

as a result of all these, it has earned itself a isolation ward.. a glass jar...

better take it out b4 more casualties arises as your betta has taken a liking to attack fishes..
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

Feedback Score
    Hi kel,

Yep, I have already demoted him to the "cold room", a seperate container all by itself. But just felt sorry for this betta and really would love to see this beautiful fish in the tank again *sigh sigh*

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I wonder Betta vs. Apisto... who will win?

BC

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Try betta vs LH. Hehehe...[]

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    hi, some bettas are socialable, some are not. if you really want to put a betta in, suggest you try another one. don't thing there's a way to "tame" them. furthermore, bettas may attack some other fishes that they think look like another betta... don't know about shrimps though, have not kept them yet.

you'll have to be careful when you introduce a betta into a community tank. some are bold enough to compete for food, while some are not.

i used to put a betta in my 1.5ft community tank, but have stopped doing that for quite sometime already. both for my bettas' sake and for the tetras' sake.
    P-L-E-C-O-R-Y=M-A-N-I-A!!! YEAH!
    FLORENCE, capital of the region of Tuscany, has a population of around half a million inhabitants, spreads on the banks of the Arno, between the Adriatic and the Tyrrhenian seas, almost in the middle of the Italian peninsula. It is a city which bustles with industry and craft, commerce and culture, art and science.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 6/26/2002 10:56:30 AM

BC
    ----------------
    I tried before, betta with cacautiodes. In fact I think I got some pics taken will them togather. As long as both of them are grown up and the apistos are not breeding I find no problem.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 6/26/2002 10:56:30 AM

BC
    ----------------
    mine don't fight at all
    the betta occupies the top, the apisto the bottom
    perfect harmony
    they even gang up together to kill yamatoes