Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: What methods do you use to buy aquatic stuff?

What methods do you use to buy aquatic stuff?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Greetings to all forum members.

We would like to ask how you guys actually shop for aquatic stuff - equipment, fish, plants etc.

We are looking to see if local plant orders done through the postal system would work with folks here. Do give us your precious feedback/comments.
    Aquaspot World LLP - Your Aquatic Partner
    http://www.aquaspotworld.com

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    hihi...suprising that u all do survery here.
    normally, we go to reputable shop, through recomendation by friends, forums, and etc.
    then when we are at the shops or distributor, we look around, look out for prices, then quality, then we may ask for advise from the shop, or we may even bargain the price.

after that, if it is reasonable, then we buy, or if nt, we go to another shop. most importantly is the quality.

Quote Originally Posted by guan
    hihi...suprising that u all do survery here.
    normally, we go to reputable shop, through recomendation by friends, forums, and etc.
    then when we are at the shops or distributor, we look around, look out for prices, then quality, then we may ask for advise from the shop, or we may even bargain the price.

after that, if it is reasonable, then we buy, or if nt, we go to another shop. most importantly is the quality.
    So by reputable, it's going to be the same few shops - NA, C328 etc? Well, they took time to establish themselves so of cos they command a certain level of reputation.

And what do you deem reasonable? Price, quality, advice in what ratio?

So in your last sentence, you will be willing to pay more if the quality is excellent? (For example, clean plants with no rock rool and snails/pests etc)

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I personally am the lazy sort of person and would prefer to be able to shop online. Having to travel to Teo's plant farm is a hassle and having the lack of choice at the local LFS gets frustrating.

So far, personally I would prefer to just buy things online and if you put it that the quality is excellent, then paying a bit more won't hurt at all!
    visit my photo albums @ flickr!

Quote Originally Posted by grey_fox
    I personally am the lazy sort of person and would prefer to be able to shop online. Having to travel to Teo's plant farm is a hassle and having the lack of choice at the local LFS gets frustrating.

So far, personally I would prefer to just buy things online and if you put it that the quality is excellent, then paying a bit more won't hurt at all!
    It looks like you are a very potential local customer!

We shall have a plant list put together soon. We will launch it here and guage the response from here.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquaspot World
    So by reputable, it's going to be the same few shops - NA, C328 etc? Well, they took time to establish themselves so of cos they command a certain level of reputation.

And what do you deem reasonable? Price, quality, advice in what ratio?

So in your last sentence, you will be willing to pay more if the quality is excellent? (For example, clean plants with no rock rool and snails/pests etc)

of cos! u know, online shopping is still not popular for people who prefer to see n touch. but of cos if there is a 90% promise of quality, i dont mind paying abit more..ultimately, if quality is really promised, i think it shouldnt be a problem