Country
    Singapore

babies again

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    ok forumers,
    my black molly has given birth again.. this time, i remove the mother to a breeder tank and just now, i saw tens of them swimming inside.. yeah!!!..
    ok.. apart from the live bearer food that i have to get now, what do i need to take note? pls advice...

p.s my last brood did not make it to adulthood.. this time, i'm determined to raise them to adults..[]

btw, mixing those frys with malayan.. is it safe??
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Feed the fries with microworms or baby brine shrimps.

Southern tip of S.E.A and possibly blowing bubbles underwater
    Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    microworms.. how and where to get them??[:]
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Kel, microworm are cultured foods 4 fry. U need 2 have a small container, preferably transparent, the container that u buy tau hui makes an ideal container. U need oats n just a bit of water. The microworm will feed from these wet oats. Be prepared 4 the stench however. There's a thread somewhere about a betta only lfs near Khatib Mrt that sells microworm.
    If you've learnt, teach, if you have, give.
    Don't walk behind me as I might not lead, don't walk in front of me as I might not follow. Walk beside me, as my friend.
    Mohamad Rohaizal is my name. If it's too hard, use BFG. I don't mind.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    BFG, you mean microworm culture from the lfs?

another method i heard from livebearer-keepers: keep a spare tank, put it near the window (light) and let algae grow. (don't know how they keep mosquitoes out, though[:0] )

whenever they've new fries, they simply transfer them into this spare tank. seems survival rate's even better than another guy who fed commercial food for fries...
    P-L-E-C-O-R-Y=M-A-N-I-A!!! YEAH!
    FLORENCE, capital of the region of Tuscany, has a population of around half a million inhabitants, spreads on the banks of the Arno, between the Adriatic and the Tyrrhenian seas, almost in the middle of the Italian peninsula. It is a city which bustles with industry and craft, commerce and culture, art and science.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Kel, microworm are cultured foods 4 fry. U need 2 have a small container, preferably transparent, the container that u buy tau hui makes an ideal container. U need oats n just a bit of water. The microworm will feed from these wet oats. Be prepared 4 the stench however. There's a thread somewhere about a betta only lfs near Khatib Mrt that sells microworm.
    ----------------
    u mean.. just put the oats there.. and the microworms will appear by its own??

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    or you may have to buy the starter culture from the lfs? i know members of the betta club do get various starter cultures from each other...
    P-L-E-C-O-R-Y=M-A-N-I-A!!! YEAH!
    FLORENCE, capital of the region of Tuscany, has a population of around half a million inhabitants, spreads on the banks of the Arno, between the Adriatic and the Tyrrhenian seas, almost in the middle of the Italian peninsula. It is a city which bustles with industry and craft, commerce and culture, art and science.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    never mind lah.. i think i just feed them with livebearer food.. if not, will drip a bit of egg yolk for them..[]

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Kel , paiseh leh, must get the worm from someone else 1st. Then u culture ur own microworm. But the thing is it's quite smelly. I got an accident whereby the culture spill out on to the floor! Damn smelly I tell u!
    Don't walk behind me as I might not lead, don't walk in front of me as I might not follow. Walk beside me, as my friend.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi kelvin..... can try baby milk powder too[:] my guppies fries love it....

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    use baby milk powder?? hahaha.. ok.. i give it a try.. just put a bit of powder into the tank izit?? no need to mix them??[:0]

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Kelvin, u need a tiny milk bottle with a microscopic tit to feed the fries. Of course u need to mix with water first.[]

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ok.. thanks guys.. wks.. i will try mixing the powder and pour it inside.. microscopic tit.. very interesting.. hahaha

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    just like how you feed the egg york to the fires.... easy better than the smelly worms.....[]

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    yeah.. considering the fact that the frys are in my room.. dun want my room to stink man...[]

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi Kelstorm,

Microworms are not really that bad as talked about. You can purchase it at 4 dollars at Khatib MRT area, Yishun blk 807 (its a new aquarium that does not sells mainly luohan and prices are reasonable for food stuffs and medication). If not, can get free starter culture which i think is too late for the fish cause it takes time to bloom. Too bad my culture died and cant pass you.

Egg yolk dirties water and so not good for the fishes health as well as the tedious task of having to change water regularly.

You can also try to buy some live daphnia from LFS and feed them. Quite a good way of cleaning tank as well i heard as they makan the bacteria and then get makan by the fry.

Cheers,
    tltan

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Kel, when the culture is covered tightly, it won't smell but if u open it........[] []. Maybe u know of someone who is rearing betta fries can give u a free sample [ usually in a tau hui container]. There's a lot of microworm in a culture , probably numbering thousands n can last u a long time!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    eee.. no thanks.. BFG, me think i rather go for daphnia... hehehe.. []

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------

You can purchase it at 4 dollars at Khatib MRT area, Yishun blk 807 (its a new aquarium that does not sells mainly luohan and prices are reasonable for food stuffs and medication).

----------------
    Hi tltan, is this lfs selling mainly bettas.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    daphnia... can also..... but it will only last a few days... and it will turn bad.... and. a bit smelly too... same the fries will love it.....[]