Country
    Singapore

What is the CO2 tank connector standard used in Singapore

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi,

Can anyone tell what the aquarium CO2 tank connector thread standard used in Singapore? It seems like it is not the US standard CGA320. I have a regulator fitted with CGA320 (claimed by the manufacturer) but could not fit onto all my 3 different volume size CO2 tanks in Singapore (1L, 2L, 5L).

Any one has any clue on this , and what is it called and according to what standard ?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Just checked with Sing Swee Bee salesman. Confirmed common CO2 tanks used in Singapore are British Standard BS341 . USA is using CGA 320.

So be careful if you are ordering /importing any regulator or CO2 tank from oversea.

Cheers
    CHOK

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Thanks Neon for the info.
    If you've learnt, teach, if you have, give.
    Don't walk behind me as I might not lead, don't walk in front of me as I might not follow. Walk beside me, as my friend.
    Mohamad Rohaizal is my name. If it's too hard, use BFG. I don't mind.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    You are welcome.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: What is the CO2 tank connector standard used in Singapore

Hi there! I'm planning to buy a CO2 regulator online & there was an inlet thread option between G5/8, W12.8 or M22. Was wondering if anyone here have had any experience buying online & which thread should I choose that is compatible with CO2 cylinders here in Singapore.
    Or the issue isn't that simple as the cylinders sold here have diff. threads too?
    Any insight would be very much appreciated.

p.s. I do know that there are adaptors from one type of threading to another. I guess I would prefer not to have the adaptors if I can.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: What is the CO2 tank connector standard used in Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by virtutemdei View Post
    Hi there! I'm planning to buy a CO2 regulator online & there was an inlet thread option between G5/8, W12.8 or M22. Was wondering if anyone here have had any experience buying online & which thread should I choose that is compatible with CO2 cylinders here in Singapore.
    Or the issue isn't that simple as the cylinders sold here have diff. threads too?
    Any insight would be very much appreciated.

p.s. I do know that there are adaptors from one type of threading to another. I guess I would prefer not to have the adaptors if I can.
    Hey,sorry for bumping this thread lol. I am wondering what is the connector/thread used by common co2 cylinder tank in singapore? Different people is telling me different stuff. Some told me its CGA and from some old post, some said its BS341.If its BS341 , from what I know its the same as W21.8 thread. Can anyone advice me.