Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crypts ID

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi Andrew, you should have planted the Crypts, including the C.nurii? Take note that C.nurii is more difficult in an aquarium but is easier to keep emersed.

After the initial melt, they will show new growth in a few days to a week. Just try not to shift them during this period and keep your water parameters stable.
    Aquaspot World LLP - Your Aquatic Partner
    http://www.aquaspotworld.com

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquaspot World
    Hi Andrew, you should have planted the Crypts, including the C.nurii? Take note that C.nurii is more difficult in an aquarium but is easier to keep emersed.

After the initial melt, they will show new growth in a few days to a week. Just try not to shift them during this period and keep your water parameters stable.
    yea, the c. nurii is melting now. I have placed root monster near it's roots. Hopefully they do well, it's really a nice plant. Thanks for the advice, do keep us posted on new species on your catalog.
    Cheers,
    Andrew

Actually, the list we have here is a trial. For the whole range, do refer to our website. You are always welcome to send us an enquiry for any plant. Thanks!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Wow... Interesting info... I am in the process to obtain more crypts... Think I am sinking deeper into this crypt thing...

I have some crypts growing emersed in a vivarium setup... I do hope they can flower!
    Read me! :bigsmile: http://justikanz.blogspot.com/

I'm crypt collecting... Starting cheap, now have Cryptocoryne beckettii, C.beckettii var petchii, C.crispatula var.balansae, C.griffithii(Melted! ), C.nurii, C.parva, C.pygmaea(Melted! ), C.tonkinensis(Melted! ), C.walkeri, C.wendtii 'Brown', C.wendtii 'Green', C.wendtii 'Green Gecko', C.wendtii 'Tropica' and Cryptocoryne x willisii

Oh, juggling is hard work, man!...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    There is such a wide variety of crypts, and they are quite hassle free which makes them ideal collector's items. I have 10 types of crypts in my 2ft tank now.Quite excited at the prospect of seeing them grow side by side, having came from all parts of SEA.

C. tonkinensis
    C. usteriana
    C. parva
    C. wendtii 'Tropica'
    C. becketti
    C. ferruginea
    C. affinis
    C. pygmea
    C. balansae
    C. nurii

Like what Lorba and Budak describes, I like crypts from E. Malaysia, the bullated and wild look gives a more ancient feel to the tank. Is that the suitable word to use? haaa
    Cheers,
    Andrew

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    if you have sensitive crypts, the best way to keep them alive is to float them first, until u see new roots. Or you can plant them without burying the crown, allowing water to flow. This will prevent melting down of the crown.

Keep them at the outlet of filter or places with strong flow will give you big strong leaves.
    人的一生﹐ 全靠奮斗﹐ 唯有奮斗﹐ 才能成功

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I read and see that their natural habitat is at flowing streams, I think mimicking this helps them.

Could you elaborate more on " plant them without burying the crown, allowing water to flow"? I can't quite picture it.
    Cheers,
    Andrew

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Let me see... I have the following:

C.beckettii
    C.beckettii 'petchii'
    C.crispatula var balansae
    C.nurii
    C.parva
    C.walkeri
    C.wendtii 'Brown'
    C.wendtii 'Green'
    C.wendtii 'Tropica'
    C.willisii

Some emersed and some submersed, in 3 different tanks. Some of the plants were accidentally mixed up and unfortunately, could not be ID-ed properly anymore...

I would be getting C.griffithii, C.striolata and C.tonkinensis... And maybe more... I will make sure I plant them separately as best as I can...

I hope the emersed plants will flower...
    Read me! :bigsmile: http://justikanz.blogspot.com/

I'm crypt collecting... Starting cheap, now have Cryptocoryne beckettii, C.beckettii var petchii, C.crispatula var.balansae, C.griffithii(Melted! ), C.nurii, C.parva, C.pygmaea(Melted! ), C.tonkinensis(Melted! ), C.walkeri, C.wendtii 'Brown', C.wendtii 'Green', C.wendtii 'Green Gecko', C.wendtii 'Tropica' and Cryptocoryne x willisii

Oh, juggling is hard work, man!...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewtyr
    I read and see that their natural habitat is at flowing streams, I think mimicking this helps them.

Could you elaborate more on " plant them without burying the crown, allowing water to flow"? I can't quite picture it.
    stuff the rhziome or roots into the gravel and leave the crown above gravel will do.
    人的一生﹐ 全靠奮斗﹐ 唯有奮斗﹐ 才能成功

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Where to get these crypts? Especially the C. pygmea? I've been to so many shops and seldom see crypts. Sometimes I see C. balansae but I only like smaller ones.

I already have C. parva, C. wendtii and another unknown species (which could be another variety of C. wendtii).
    "time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana"

Quote Originally Posted by driftw00d
    Where to get these crypts? Especially the C. pygmea? I've been to so many shops and seldom see crypts. Sometimes I see C. balansae but I only like smaller ones.

I already have C. parva, C. wendtii and another unknown species (which could be another variety of C. wendtii).
    Do a mail order and get it from us?
    We have received quite a few orders on this forum alone.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquaspot World
    Do a mail order and get it from us?
    We have received quite a few orders on this forum alone.
    I would shop online (I'm a regular online shopper for various things, not just aquarium products), but your website doesn't say your location. Are you local, based in Singapore?
    "time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana"

Yes, we are local. But we mainly export to the States.
    Check the Merchants section of this forum. We have a list of plants for sale here. You can also contact us for prices of other plants on on the list here.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12