Images
    Country
    Singapore

type of filter

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    hi, i plan to make a 2ft planted tank but i not sure wat type of filter to use.. overhead or external.. if external wat kind shld i get for a 2ft? best if u guys have the price too and where i can get it thanks

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    2ft tank is small enough that i wouldn't want anything to take up excess space in the tank
    overheads are ok, but they tend to outgas co2
    if you intend to use flourish excel, that's not that much of a concern, but cylinder co2 will not be as effective
    i would prefer an external filter
    an eheim 2222 would be enough, but i'll go for a filter 1~2 sizes above what i need, in case i upgrade
    prices should be about ~150+?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    currently i have an overhead the 3 layers one.. and using diy co2.. do u think its possible for a planted tank? i just bought the sand today and filter today.. and i running it now.. do u think i shld change to an external one instead of that overhead?
    and is there any cheaper external filters? like.. below $80 type? kinda tight lately

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    cheap ones are always available
    petmart has a selection of canister filters
    i think the eheim ecco is actually very cheap
    if you're using diy co2, the co2 loss from the overhead filter might be too high
    you could try flourish excel (co2 supplement) in the interim until you can get a canister, for a planted tank

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    have any idea which brand and model is the cheapest?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    the smallest in the eheim ecco series is 2231. think price is slightly over $120...
    P-L-E-C-O-R-Y=M-A-N-I-A!!! YEAH!
    FLORENCE, capital of the region of Tuscany, has a population of around half a million inhabitants, spreads on the banks of the Arno, between the Adriatic and the Tyrrhenian seas, almost in the middle of the Italian peninsula. It is a city which bustles with industry and craft, commerce and culture, art and science.

Southern tip of S.E.A and possibly blowing bubbles underwater
    Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    alternatively.. if u dun mind having to prime the tubes.. u can consider 2213[]
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    y dun try the eden internal filter?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    you can use ATMAN....honestly it cant be compared with Eheim (have been using them)but usable. I bought mine at $70...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    which model of atman? and where did u buy it from?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I would suggest Eden304 for an internal filter. IMO, the flow is juz nice for a 2ft planted tank. The cost is mch cheaper at ~$18.

External filter is definately much better but if you're to get one, please consider a more reliable filter. If not juz go for the internal temporarily. You can change the filter once you feel richer.
    Cheers!!

Sherwin Choo
    [email protected]

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 7/1/2002 2:20:49 AM

I would suggest Eden304 for an internal filter. IMO, the flow is juz nice for a 2ft planted tank. The cost is mch cheaper at ~$18.

External filter is definately much better but if you're to get one, please consider a more reliable filter. If not juz go for the internal temporarily. You can change the filter once you feel richer.
    ----------------
    i wish to use a internal one.. but the changing of the wool is quite diffcult. i always experience **** coming out of the filter when i wanna change the wool. u have a way to couter this?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    get external filter, you won't regret it.

eheim is best, fluval next.

but if cheapo, you can try brands like hailea, jebo, atman, but I have no first hand experience with their lifespan.

anecdoctal accounts of eheim lifespan is like 10 - 20 years.. heh..

Southern tip of S.E.A and possibly blowing bubbles underwater
    Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    for a 2ft.. internal filter would take up valuable space.. and when u do your plants.. u would want to conceal the filter and u will always know that there are a 'big' space not utilised...[]
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 7/1/2002 5:18:25 PM

for a 2ft.. internal filter would take up valuable space.. and when u do your plants.. u would want to conceal the filter and u will always know that there are a 'big' space not utilised...[]
    ----------------
    The Eden 304 does not take up that much space. Concealing the filter is a breeze. The pipes for an external filter relatively take up space too....

I agree that maintenance will be more troublesome. If you can afford an external filter I would strongly recommend you to get it but if you're on a tight budget an internal will do fine. You compare and decide yurself.
    Cheers!!

Sherwin Choo
    [email protected]