Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi all,

Not sure if this fits the thread, but recently, i found that both my Columbian tetras have disappeared. I search all over the floor for a possible jumper, but found nothing. At first it happened to one of them, but now both are missing. Both were very healthy and eating well.

Any idea?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    When in doubt, start a new thread.

Well, every once in a while, seemingly healthy people (professional soldiers, tri-atheletes, etc) keel over and die without warning. Same geos for other living things. They may look healthy, but internally they may be habouring diseases, etc. Sometimes it may just be sensitivity to changes in the water, etc.

If you have plants, the bodies could probably be hidden. Shrimps, snails, other fishes may have consumed the bodies.

Or predators. I have no idea what you have in your tank, but some people don't realise that shrimps (those with large pincers) are able to catch fish, and so do crayfish.
    Vincent - AQ is for everyone, but not for 'u' and 'mi'.
    Why use punctuation? See what a difference it makes:
    A woman, without her man, is nothing.
    A woman: without her, man is nothing.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I have a burgeoning question about fish missing. Is it possible that they could have been caught and eaten by external predators? I saw a kingfisher making a buffet out of my friend's pond till he places a net over the pond, so this got me thinking can local house predators like geckos and large spiders try their luck in fishing out the fish on the surface? I remembered many times when the huntsman spider the size of a dinner plate used to visit my house when I was a kid, scared the crap out of me.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    They might. There was a thread a few months back about lizards hunting in someone's tank.

Every once in a while a member will discover dragonfly nymphs in their tanks. Those are usually hide very well.
    Vincent - AQ is for everyone, but not for 'u' and 'mi'.
    Why use punctuation? See what a difference it makes:
    A woman, without her man, is nothing.
    A woman: without her, man is nothing.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by vinz
    They might. There was a thread a few months back about lizards hunting in someone's tank.

Every once in a while a member will discover dragonfly nymphs in their tanks. Those are usually hide very well.
    *Shudder* Seen those guys in action, they are vicious.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Thanks for opening a new thread, i tend not to open new threads, dont wish to clutter the forum, but point noted.

Well, i dont have any other predator, my tank only consist of tetras, the Columbian are by far the biggest ones there.

I could be suspecting water conditions, will have to rectify it.

Thanks all.