Thread: Marine Stock Information

Feedback Score

Marine Stock Information

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi guys,

I put up this topic is for everyone to have a common forum to share new information about marine thingy.

If you want to see baby sea horse, you can visit hong leong. I went down today and saw many baby sea horse....hot from oven ![]

Southern tip of S.E.A and possibly blowing bubbles underwater
    Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    this is a good idea.. so that anybody looking for something can look in here..[]
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

looking for a flame hawkfish, royal gramma n maybe an african flameback angel. has anyone seen any?
    Acroporids and Tridacnids

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Anyone looking for a big red squirrelfish- i will give gladly.FOC just come pick it up.

4 inch(10cm)-can grow another 2inch.(bought at 1.5inch 2yrs ago)
    Will come to u & wait for food 24hrs a day. Eats anything.Prefers shrimp(live or dried).

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    bawater.. can i have it?? []
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Kelstorm- u got it.

let me catch the bugger first, once i got it in a holding tank i will pm u.
    where u stay?
    maybe sat or sun can meet u once its caught.

moon wrasse still available FOC? anyone. size-7cm

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    bawater,
    me staying in ang mo kio.. sat is out.. sun, me going to airport to send my friend off.. where u stay?? btw, thanks

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    spiff, u can try pacific marine at pasir ris farms.
    they have a good regular range of fishes.dotty backs,clowns,flame angels etc. just depends on incoming shipments.Price very reasonable.

Darth kelvin, PM u already, Sun is fine.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    bawater.. i can't read the PM.. as u have forgotten to add the topic or subject.. can u pls send again..[]

Feedback Score
    Wish to have yr Moon wrasse but my tank is too small no point as the fish will suffer

Feedback Score
    Farm mart at old choa chu kang rd today :

beautiful golden maroon clown
    medium size batfish (beautiful)

[]

ba, for the 3yrs of my marine life, i have nvr seen a flame hawk at pac........ but saw once at reborn...not very healthy.as for the royal gramma, its been a long time since pac last brght them in.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    spiff.. i seen flame hawk at pac marine couple of months back.. they bring it in from time to time.. u might want to check with them..anyway.. so near your place.. []

no very near lah....much nearer to ba then me. anyway now adays so bz, most of the saturdays either got o level oral,listening blah blah blah or something else...so cant go often liaoz []

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    spiff, i sometimes do see dwarf angels there- their prices much cheaper than reborn which i visit on the way home from work regularly.Only thing is most of the time i see them reserved in pac.

kelvin, phew- just spent 1hr catching the squirrel wif a 10inch net, got stuck in the net-major panic & had to use tweezers to remove slowly.All fine now, in a 2ft wif wrasse & a 10cm blue lobster(no i'm not giving the lobster away).
    careful it will eat anything that crawls & can fit into its mouth.

wind- wrasse is 7cm, in a 2ft now- was from a 3ft reef & stayed in my hospital 1ft for 3weeks when i got it.Pretty much stays under a rock now & peaks out for a look.

ivan-anything there resemble a low lighting anemone(non stinging)? to interact wif clowns?ex or not- i have a small sand anemone but nobody goes near it.

Feedback Score
    bawater,

Sorry I can't help here, my marine knowledge is damn poor. But in Hong Leong, the 2ft display tank contained a real clown fish that always swim around the coral (don't know what the name of the coral) but it resembles like an anemone. []

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    kelvin big problem- squirrel kanna attck by lobster, found it lying on the bottom & lobster munching away on it- looks like no hope, just transferred back to 4ft & its wriggling upside down. i really dunno now, dun look good.
    will see if it survives tonight & update u tomorrow if u still got a live fish. aiyoh! damn stupid!

Can't explain it,somethin just made me get up & check on it.

Thanks ivan, will keep a lookout.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    hahaha.. ok.. no prob, brandon.. we learn as we go.. and just for your info, all anemones have stinging cells and clownfishes usually get sting while trying to get their mucus coating from the anemone so that the anemone will not recognise it as food.. depending on the anemone.. with some of the carribean ones like purple tip colored anemone, clownfishes usually dun go to them.. i tried.. and anemones dun need clownfishes to survive..but it is nice to see the symbolic relationship between them.. btw, once a clownfish is well established in that anemone, it will bring food to it.. at least, i have seen my cinnamon clown did that to its 'bed'[]
    if u want to see the relationship.. firstly, dun get those false clownfish, go for real ones or other species... just becareful when u choosing them.. can go for sebae, tomato, saddleback or pecular clowns.. just dun get maroon clown coz it is very territorial and will not tolerate similar species inside the tank..
    Sebae is the best.. coz they accept most anemones minus the carribean and blanket anemone, which, the latter is more suitable for saddleback..btw, plate anemone also cannot hor.. though in my former 3ft, my sabae did went to it to sleep.. hahaha..[] it all depends on the IQ of the fish.. hahaha
    best if u can get those red color bubble-tip anemones.. but they are usually very ex.. and make sure that they dun go near to a powerhead.. mine got sucked in and u will get anemone puree... [] and i have to change water immediately.. imagine do that at 2am after pubbing.. where u are high and all.. and the shock u see in your tank coz it is so cloudy..[] this is one experience i dun want to go through again..[]

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    thanks,apologies for the fish again.
    this small sand anemone i got now($6 from sealife balestier) is my second its pretty good & gets a prawn a week, i had a purple tip($16 from keong seong)which had a habit of walking upside down all over the shop & never settled down,read it needed high lighting. Didn't last long as expected only 6mths.

now my mind set- low lighting,no impulse buying anymore,& only a cheap anemone.
    i have a tomato & 2 peculars(a pair)- but hor, peculars stay mid water & tomato adopted my orca skimmer as home.

its only for my 2 triggers that the tank is still running,so now that the squirrel is gone i'm gonna fill up wif clowns. very high particle suspension(cause of heavy feedings) & clam,leather,feather dusters all doing well.Fed with phytoplankton,crumbled flakes,zooplankton(marine rotifiers & bbs). No bottle liquid food.

Feedback Score
    Still looking for a red or orange 'prata' coral (scolymia). Anyone seen any lately?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast