Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Marine Stock Information

Feedback Score
    Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hehe thx for the rocks and damsels Brandon.
    All your damsels are fat fat leh!
    Eh I picked out another crab in the rock. Much much smaller one like a baby compare to the big one we pulled out from the rock before.

Kein

Feedback Score
    Hey BawatEr...

Its simple to catch out ya unwanted damsel...

Simply get the smallest fishing hook u can find and attach a small piece of shrimp meat to it....

And u've guessed it rite....time to go fishing!!!

But becareful...make sure ya other fishes stay clear of the hook & bait!

I got my Australian Dotty back out of my tank using this method! Wat I did was to put the hook and bait infront of his hideout....and the very next second.....

It works...but pls remove fish immediately (& gently) from hook after u've pulled it out of the water...

Hope this helps to ease ya prob...

L/o

Southern tip of S.E.A and possibly blowing bubbles underwater
    Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Brandon,
    thanks for the stuff... i dun believe my eyes on the no. of items your friend tore down for the stupid LH!!!.. wat a waste..

Ivan,
    it is not a royal gamma, it is a bi-color basslet..Spiff was disappointed and so, i grab it..

Lionel,
    I must say that is an ingenious idea.. but a bit sadistic.. the fish will be scarred for life!!!!...but nevertheless, interesting idea..
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    kel, no worries . i just needed to get rid of as much as possible. still got those additive i dun dare use. 1 vial to 1000ltr? i think i would poison everythin wif only 220ltr.

Lionel: oh, i've thought of that already. Thing is i also have 2 other damsel smaller but just as greedy & 2 fat triggers who will take a bite of anything(sotong,lettuce,macro algae & even banana slices i put in for damsels)

& the big damsel will not bite anything until the triggers have a go & its safe then it fights for a share of the makan.Been observing. Tried traps before & only catch triggers everytime.
    When i break the tank down in a yr time then it will be inprisoned. Its slightly less than 3yrs old.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    i just needed to get rid of as much as possible. still got those additive i dun dare use. 1 vial to 1000ltr? i think i would poison everythin wif only 220ltr.
    tell me abt it.. like i mentioned yesterday, i have only seen those stuff in the magazines..not in real life... a bit concentrated IMO

even banana slices i put in for damsels
    your fishes eat bananas??? that is amazing..

& the big damsel will not bite anything until the triggers have a go & its safe then it fights for a share of the makan.Been observing. Tried traps before & only catch triggers everytime.
    When i break the tank down in a yr time then it will be inprisoned. Its slightly less than 3yrs old.
    that is one huge black domino damsel.. and a smart one to go too.. [:0]
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

hi bandon thanks for the stuff again! the live rocks r not bad!
    Acroporids and Tridacnids

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    enjoy guys, like i said i got it FOC- so it goes FOC

kelstorm, the other kelvin74 came by later in the night & took most LR while it was still live(& a few damsels), last night i went thru the rest tweezers in hand(stinky already)- managed to salvage a few snails,a barnacle,a small blue legged hermit,a few tiny clams & massacared lots of bristle worms- eeeyer!! i hate them. the remainder is soaking in tapwater for a week,for futher die off then will sun it for a week then u can have them holey pieces & i'll keep the rest.
    will be going to get some mangrove seedlings(still experimental)for nitrate control(u can just dump it in ur sump))this or next weekend-anyone wants some to try tell me ahead of time so i can collect more.

& yes bananas!, saw the effects on wild fishes wif a bunch of bananas after a dive trip in tioman. i held one & was nearly eaten alive(the locals use it as bait). Although it takes getting use to by ur fishes.
    Just the same as chicken liver as bait.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    brandon,

hmmm.. can i have the blue-legged hermit?? looks kinda cute.. will provide it with some empty shells so that it can grow.. hehehe.. but let me check what it feed on first.. get back to u on this again.. []

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ya can- its abt 2cm at most. Threw it in the 2ft in storeroom with some LR. Will dig it out for u when i finish drying the rocks.Do u want the big bubble? c'mon.
    My tank was just LR & mushrooms before last weekend.

u know, when i started all i wanted was LR and 2 dwarf lions, how i ended up wif damsels & triggers i never figured out?maybe was in a trance(the dark side calling). Just wondering on those lionfish prices?the dwarfs.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    thanks in advance.. hehehe..
    as for the bubble, no thanks.. me dun keep hard corals.. personal conviction.. [] as for the price of those dwarf lionfishes.. i really dun know.. coz me never ask..[]

Feedback Score
    aiyah wad a waste....me too late i guess

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    too late for what, vanan?

Feedback Score
    Have anyone sighted small bat fish ?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Have anyone sighted small bat fish ?
    ----------------
    small bat fish?? how small?? ivan, i dun recommend it for anything tank smaller than 4ft... and they are such slow swimmers.. fast fishes will stress them and they will not get to eat as well.. if u want to keep them, do consider a species tank.. btw, there are abt 2 species available for the aquarium trade.. a normal brown and dull one.. the other is black with orange tinted color ard its fins.. i guess u are talking abt this..
    []

Feedback Score
    They are such a lovely fish. I'm not planning to keep them now. But later when I shifted to my new place, I will have a 4 ft tank and used back the current DIY tank for sea horse and perhaps one batfish in it (all by himself with few seahorses).....That's my dream right now.

Feedback Score
    I simply L-U-R-V-E...bat fishes....of cos I m toking about the orange one

PM does bring these in rather often...

Read that they require perfect water parameters and are really delicate to care for.

L/o

i saw afew tiny wans at reefworld today

today saw afew royal grammas, many squasmosa n crocea clams at pac marine
    saw 4 super nice giant squasmosa clams at reefworld.

Feedback Score
    where is reefworld ? is it beside reborn ?[]

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    reefworld is in lor harlus.. the shop next to reborn is aquamart.. which sells things rather out of most ppl's price range...[:]

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast