Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: WTG: Limewater

Feedback Score

WTG: Limewater

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Where can I obtain limewater? Is there any substitute for this calcium additive? What is the cost of calcium buffers (if there's one)?

Thanks!

Southern tip of S.E.A and possibly blowing bubbles underwater
    Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    limewater?? never used it b4.. alternatively to calcium additives would be kalkwasser.. []
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

Feedback Score
    where can i get this kalkwasser?

Feedback Score
    Hmmm...reading tt worms stir up the sand bed...where can i get these worms and what kind of worms are they exactly?

Thanks

Hi,

Limewater is just another name for kalkwasser. Kalkwasser is cheap and good, but must be dosed slowly as it has a high pH of 12 and you do not want to shock you inhabitants. You may want to consider products from seachem such as Reef builder for carbonate or Reff Calcium for calcium. There are also 2 part solutions from kent marine and others from corallife. Hope this helps!

Southern tip of S.E.A and possibly blowing bubbles underwater
    Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Cleanershrimp,
    u can get kalkwasser from petmart.. price wise, i can't recall.. just as what cedric had mentioned.. reef builder or reef calcium is just as good.. personally, i used seachem and kent marine..as i find them equally as good.. and interchangable...

as for the worms, i dun particularly purchase the worms.. they usually 'come free' from the LR that u bought.. if u want to stir up the sandbed.. or disturb it.. get a goby..
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.