Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Bumblebees gobies

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Anybody know of the behaviour and breeding habits of bumblebee gobies?? any websites to recommend???
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

Feedback Score
    i have 5 of them now []
    To each her own fish !
    petfrd

Feedback Score
    i love these little guys too. very cute to have a round but the only problem is that they r so small other fish might just have them as feeder fish!!!

here

and here

and.... here
    To each her own fish !
    petfrd

i have quite a lot of them in my tank living with platy and shrimps.

they are quite easy to keep, just make sure there is enough salt in the water.

they usually only eat bloodworms(frozen or alive), tubifex worms. they refuse to eat pellets and flakes.

Southern tip of S.E.A and possibly blowing bubbles underwater
    Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    that is true bluebeard.. i have tried to feed them with tetra bits.. so far, i have only seen one of them eating it.. the rest.. not really.. me have been feeding them with mysis shrimps and frozen bloodworms.. sigh.. me looking for daphnia..

perhaps me can do up a bumblebee goby tank??[]

btw, i noticed some of them chasing each other at times.. they territorial?? what is the space or gallons required for them.. more hiding space or what??

btw, can i use my marine salt for them?? they are brackish mah..[]
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    rain.. see.. me using it as a avatar.. hehehe the pic is taken from my tank

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    anybody know what is and how the setup for a goby tank should be like?? me have a spare 2ft..[]

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    brackish biotope? mangrove swamp, mud skipper, crab, archer fish?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    i caught a bumblebee goby in longkang before. biotope longkang?
    Cheers!

Benetay

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    P-L-E-C-O-R-Y=M-A-N-I-A!!! YEAH!
    FLORENCE, capital of the region of Tuscany, has a population of around half a million inhabitants, spreads on the banks of the Arno, between the Adriatic and the Tyrrhenian seas, almost in the middle of the Italian peninsula. It is a city which bustles with industry and craft, commerce and culture, art and science.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    i first saw them being sold at 50 cent per piece at blk 138 tampines st 11. really cute and small but as i'm not sure if they are agressive so didn't buy them. may turn out to be fin nippers like puffer ! but looks like they dun eat pellets from the threads here so problem for me. i only feed my fishes with dried red blood worm and tetrabits in my 2 ft aquarium. i've lost 3 rams becoz they were so shy to even come up and feed so i think i will fail with bumblebee too

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    peterkoh,
    they are not fin-nippers as thought by so many ppl.. in fact, i have some of them for sale..

bumblebees for sale

Feedback Score
    BTW Anyone knows how to identify the males from the females?
    Regards.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    according to the notes/links show above..there is not specific way to look for males or females.. it is all luck.. all it mentioned is that near mating period, the females stomach will be rounded and filled with eggs.[]

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    peterkoh,
    they are not fin-nippers as thought by so many ppl.. in fact, i have some of them for sale..
    ----------------
    Kelvin: Not really leh .. I actually witness my bumblebee goby attacking the fins of my other fish like the gouramis and a butterfly looking fish..(dunno what's it called)

BTW, I think they are meat eaters.. I feed them with brimp shrimps and they eat them too!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Kelvin: Not really leh .. I actually witness my bumblebee goby attacking the fins of my other fish like the gouramis and a butterfly looking fish..(dunno what's it called)

BTW, I think they are meat eaters.. I feed them with brimp shrimps and they eat them too!
    ----------------
    raphael,
    perhaps your fishes are irritating it?? hahaha[] well... those in my planted are going abt minding their own biz and dun really bother much abt the other tetras etc... and yes.. they strive on live food.. or frozen food for that matter.. they dun really go for processed food like tetra bits.. mine eats brine shrimps, mysis shrimps and BW (frozen and live)[]

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    bumblebee gobies - (Brachygobius spp.) are brackish water fishes. they can withstand prolonged periods of time in fresh water but not acidic waters. they are cave spawners and are territorial during spawning time. a biotope tank would be an estuarine or brackish water tank with alot of plant cover. these gobies feed on benthic creatures like brine shrimps and other invertebrates. they will feed on worms but may or may not accept frozen or prepared foods. they seem to die off in big numbers when kept in lfs tanks.

regards
    Fish.. Simply Irresistable
    Back to Killies... slowly.