Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: LiveRock imports illegal?

Feedback Score

LiveRock imports illegal?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Read from another forum that SEALIFE was caught importing Liverock.Is it true?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    LR is not illegal, i think its the clams that they got- maybe endangered. Only certain strains of clams are approved for sale. Maybe they didn't state LR as their imports so they broke the law or the importing company in the country they got from was not approved thus AVA slam on them.

Southern tip of S.E.A and possibly blowing bubbles underwater
    Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    actually, importing of hard corals is starting to be banned too.. in fact, AVA is imposing on that too.. as for LR.. i'm not too sure..[:]
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

importing clams is illegal only if u hv no license...kenny frm reefworld has............
    Acroporids and Tridacnids

Feedback Score
    Holy ****, does that mean its the cost is going to shoot up!

naturally....something like this happened once afew yrs back.. the lfs will lay low for awhile n lr prices will sore...after few weeks prices will go back to normal again
    Acroporids and Tridacnids

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    wind.. i assume that what u talking abt is abt LR and not clams right?? [] just as what spiff had mentioned.. once the 'storm' is over, the price will stablised..[]
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

Feedback Score
    Ps* It is illegal to import live rocks...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Ps* It is illegal to import live rocks...

----------------
    i'm not so sure abt that.. but i do know that they are clamping down on it.. anyway.. if u are given a permit to import and trade in it.. guess it should be ok.
    [:]

Feedback Score
    Country
    Oman
    Hi Guys,

read somewhere that there is this $4/kg live rocks lobang, mind telling me the place?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    dun think that is the price anymore.. it has been quite a while already.. nevertheless.. u can try asking pacific marine or reefworld..