Images
    Country
    Singapore

How often?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Just to enquire, how often would you actually insert root monsters/JBL ferrotabs, etc into your substrate to re-fertilize.

Once inserted, how long does this last before a new tab/ball should be inserted again?
    visit my photo albums @ flickr!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Does the box make any recommendation? Root monster seems to be there forever. I had inserted a few 2 years ago and when i cleared the the tank, i still saw them in their complete shape and sizes. I wonder do they melt at all?

I now use Ferkka Stemma. According to the box, it says every 3 weeks or so if memory serves me right. But i never bother.
    Maurice Cheong
    A . M o m e n t . o f . T r a n q u i l i t y...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    That's what I've heard as well about root monsters and I've not read the instructions yet will check back once I'm home.

Ferkka's stemma is good?

The JBLs I inserted, I'm not sure if that's melted off yet or not, but the plants where root monsters & JBL balls are inserted have really good growth.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Ferkka's stemma will melt within 15 minutes after it touches water. I may be a sucker for wanting to see reaction, but to me, it seems to be more effective when "something happens".

I got a small portion of japan hairglass, about 6 branches of it. Now it has covered the foreground of my 4 ft tank. I used ferkka stemma (one for 12cm square area or something) for the japan hairgrass. I really don't know whether ferkka stemma helped them to thrive... But i have not inserted stemma anymore as hair grass leaves no place for me to do so.
    Maurice Cheong
    A . M o m e n t . o f . T r a n q u i l i t y...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I guess once I finish with the root monsters and JBLs I'll get a bottle of Ferka to try out.

Thanks for the insight zen.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by zenscape
    Does the box make any recommendation? Root monster seems to be there forever. I had inserted a few 2 years ago and when i cleared the the tank, i still saw them in their complete shape and sizes. I wonder do they melt at all?
    Stated that it be able to maintain its shape throughout use and will not disintegrate. Also able to release its fertilizing capabilities use up to 12 months.

personally don't prefer use of ferka(tried), monster root wonldn't cloud water and lead to algae growing.
    The Happiest of people don't neccessary have the best of everything;
    they just make the most of everything that comes along their way

When will there be 25 letters in the alphabets?