Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    I just discovered 3 of my tetras died in my tank;

Stuck to the inlet of the filter
    Whole fish turned white in colour

All the other 30 over tetras in the tank look normal to me

Did not notice when did it die, but I guess quite recently because I look at my fish tank everyday and just noticed it.

I just dosed my tank with Interpet anti white spot as I noticed some of my fishes have started to developed white spots on the fins.

This has happened to the same batch of fishes only once (1 glowlight tetra died of the same symptom) 2 months ago, that time the fishes are not dosed with any medication.

Today, 1 more rummynose died

Please advise so I can rectify the problem.

Thanks

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi,
    your symptons are not specific enough. cuz tetra when they die usually turn pale or white. or it could be that they had the neon tetra disease, in which a certain part of the tetra turns white, very much like a tumour or clot. i used to have three different tanks, all containing tetras, of which one of the tank was very deep and small surface area. this particular tank had frequent casualties and the tetras were nv as fast-growing as the those in the other two tanks. what i concluded was that perhaps the tetras in this particular tank felt much more stress than other tanks. hence leading to poor diets and immunity to diseases.
    oh, and i personally would advice against dosing medication into the community tank. if the above scenario is present in your tank (ie stressful environment for the tetras), adding medication may not settle comfortably with the already stressed fishes.
    hope my blabbering was helpful. hope the remaining fishes stay well.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    England
    hi joel
    when i last used that product i didn't read the remarks in the leaflet, i nearly lost quite a few fish because of my negligence,
    interpet anti white spot cure kills all the beneficial bacteria in the filter, i had to change 70% of the water in the tank but with luck on my side i didn't lose a single fish
    mick

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by mickthefish
    hi joel
    when i last used that product i didn't read the remarks in the leaflet, i nearly lost quite a few fish because of my negligence,
    interpet anti white spot cure kills all the beneficial bacteria in the filter, i had to change 70% of the water in the tank but with luck on my side i didn't lose a single fish
    mick
    Hmm....could it be the formula in your country is different? The packaging says harmless to all plants and filter

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by kelvin
    Hi,
    your symptons are not specific enough. cuz tetra when they die usually turn pale or white. or it could be that they had the neon tetra disease, in which a certain part of the tetra turns white, very much like a tumour or clot. i used to have three different tanks, all containing tetras, of which one of the tank was very deep and small surface area. this particular tank had frequent casualties and the tetras were nv as fast-growing as the those in the other two tanks. what i concluded was that perhaps the tetras in this particular tank felt much more stress than other tanks. hence leading to poor diets and immunity to diseases.
    oh, and i personally would advice against dosing medication into the community tank. if the above scenario is present in your tank (ie stressful environment for the tetras), adding medication may not settle comfortably with the already stressed fishes.
    hope my blabbering was helpful. hope the remaining fishes stay well.
    The whole fish turned white, including the eyeballs.

Except for 1 neon tetra, the other casulties are all rummynoses

Anyway, I have done a 30% water change and there is no more deaths.

Water perimeters before the water change looks pretty ok to me

ph: 7.4
    Ammonia: 0
    Nitrite: 0
    Nitrate: don't know, I do not have the test kit for that

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    maybe is the S-curve disease..
    "L" plate gardener

Feedback Score
    Country