Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Mass Order - 2006 ADA Catalogue in English – Close on July 28 ’06.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    41)eddyq
    42) Jonas
    43) aw jie sheng (gregorsamsa)
    44) wild ginger-Philipe (ordering on his behalf)
    45) koah fong (juggler)
    46) AquaObsession (Christophe)
    47) Alex(yappeyap)
    4 Eman (Cacatuoides)
    49) Calvin (the_r0ck)
    50) Benny (getting on his behalf, waiting for his confirmation)
    51) Freddy
    52) TS168
    53) Lok (Sunshine)
    54) freezze
    "L" plate gardener

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    41) eddyq
    42) Jonas
    45) koah fong (juggler)
    47) Alex(yappeyap)
    4 Eman (Cacatuoides)
    49) Calvin (the_r0ck)
    51) Freddy
    52) TS168
    53) Lok (Sunshine)
    54) freezze[/QUOTE]
    55) aquarius

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ooohhhhh lala..... v fast 3rd box going to be full..... v fast.... tink the word is spreading rather fast....

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Just wrote to ADA again.. the person I wrote to didn't reply to my request to ship another 2 cartons (for the 41st to the 60th order)
    He has been very prompt in reply email 2 days ago but I didn't hear from him yesterday despite 2 emails..
    I have forward the request to the ADA general inquiry.. hopefully someone will pick it up.
    Should be ok.. afterall ADA has been very professional in their handling of questions.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicky
    Just wrote to ADA again.. the person I wrote to didn't reply to my request to ship another 2 cartons (for the 41st to the 60th order)
    He has been very prompt in reply email 2 days ago but I didn't hear from him yesterday despite 2 emails..
    I have forward the request to the ADA general inquiry.. hopefully someone will pick it up.
    Should be ok.. afterall ADA has been very professional in their handling of questions.
    2cartons for 41-60?? thought that 1carton got 20copies? hmm... think that guy must be on leave.....

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Just got an email back from the gentleman of ADA Mr Yoshinori Kondo and from the tone of the email, I think he may not trust that I'm not selling the catalogue for a profit.. (irony.... the appointed distributor & LFSs in Singapore has been selling the past years' catalogue for big profit and we are doing a cost-share). But honestly how can I blame him; I was very enthusatic about the whole MO; email him everyday; ask for details (even ask him to ship the pollen bee 30mm for one forumer); following up on Est Date of Delivery; volunteered my VISA card details readily; and I don't have the @aquaticquotient.com behind my email to him (no no no.. I'm not asking to be a mod..).

And I'm sure some of you people also think why-on-earth this fellow want to do these kind of event when potentially there will be problems. Taiwan Chinese has a saying 'you3 gong1 wu2 shang3, ta3 puo4 yao4 pei2' meaning 'no recognition in event of successful accomplishment, but have to pay if it is broken'.

My rationale behind doing all these are..
    I believe ADA product is one of the best in our hobby but because of the language barrier, in depth knowledge of their product amongst hobbists is lacking because if we cannot understanding the language of instruction on usage/benefit, we will only depend on hearsay or price factor.
    We are not able to get the distributor to bring in the catalogue for us even if we are willing to pay a premium for it - what's new huh? (though btw, the catalogue is free in Japan).
    Instead of 60 of us sending emails to ADA, it may be better for them to receive a few emails from me. Effort-wise in Singapore it is also less; more from me, less from you. Shipping wise, it is cheaper for all. Instead of individual packing, the entire box of 20 is shipped.

Should this be the job of the Distributor ? anyway...

Let's hope we have our 2nd and 3rd boxes. After that I will stop.

If need be I will need one of the Mods to use the @aquaticquotient.com email to write to them to prove that the catalogues are indeed for the members on a Cost-Sharing basis. Will let the mods know.

Thanks for reading what I have just bitched ..

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by maverick
    2cartons for 41-60?? thought that 1carton got 20copies? hmm... think that guy must be on leave.....
    My mistake lah.. don't blame that poor over-worked Japanese man..
    It should be 2 cartons for #21 to #60.

First 20 is secure
    The rest if the carton don't arrive.. JTB (Just too bad)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Good Job for the co-ordinating of this wonderful and beneficial MO Nick.....I'm sure many of us do understand what you're trying to do for us...

Lets hope ADA sends all 3 boxes if not I think we would need a helping hand from our dear mods...

Cheers!
    Aquatic Dreams
    Custom Made Aquarium Tanks, Cabinets & Stands

Contact Us: [email protected]
    FaceBook: https://www.facebook.com/aquaticdreamsg/

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    25) Kadios

Thank you. I will remit the $ to you shortly.

Cheers!

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by kadios
    25) Kadios

Thank you. I will remit the $ to you shortly.

Cheers!
    No need lah.. I can handle that.. go on and place the order.
    'Yi4 bu4 zhuo4, er4 bu4 xiu1' right? Might as well go all the way..
    Once I got the catalogue I will update everyone.
    I just hope come next week our dear Mr Yoshinori Kondo will find some time to read this post and figured that it is truely a cost-share MO and agree to send the remaining 2 cartons.. should have agreed to accept the 3 cartons when he first suggested it..

BTW Kadios you want to order right? If so, it should be as follows:

41) eddyq
    42) Jonas
    45) koah fong (juggler)
    47) Alex(yappeyap)
    4 Eman (Cacatuoides)
    49) Calvin (the_r0ck)
    51) Freddy
    52) TS168
    53) Lok (Sunshine)
    54) freezze[/quote]
    55) aquarius
    56) Kadios

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

ADA catalogue

57) Neon

Thanks !

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    5 Wilson

Thanks alot.

Somewhere on a tiny Island call Sillypore
    Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    No need lah.. I can handle that.. go on and place the order.
    'Yi4 bu4 zhuo4, er4 bu4 xiu1' right? Might as well go all the way..
    Once I got the catalogue I will update everyone.
    I just hope come next week our dear Mr Yoshinori Kondo will find some time to read this post and figured that it is truely a cost-share MO and agree to send the remaining 2 cartons.. should have agreed to accept the 3 cartons when he first suggested it.
    Hopefully Yoshinori-san understands... i want my catalogue..
    Eugene (^_^)
    De Dwergcichlide Fanatiek
    Now swimming: Plecos and Apistogrammas

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    First of all I want to extend my BIG THANK YOU to nicky for going into the trouble of doing this mass order which he could have ordered it for himself and also save himself the trouble of meeting us to pass us the catalogue and also taking the risks of being "arowplaned".

Nicky - Why don't you give him aquaticquotient's web address and let Mr Yoshinori read this tread himself so that he'll know that you're not selling the catalogue for a profit? It'll also enlighten him that the distributor and some LFSes are selling the pass catalogues at a profit when it should have been given out free.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Nick,

is it too late to include me in the list?
    Nicholas

Newbie en el cichlid enano

Feedback Score
    61 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    59) C O L I N

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Here's the compilation of the latest list of the final 20..

41) eddyq
    42) Jonas
    45) koah fong (juggler)
    47) Alex(yappeyap)
    4 Eman (Cacatuoides)
    49) Calvin (the_r0ck)
    50) Benny (getting on his behalf)
    51) Freddy
    52) TS168
    53) Lok (Sunshine)
    54) freezze
    55) aquarius
    56) Kadios
    57) Neon
    5 Wilson (leeruisheng)
    59) Wackytpt
    60) barmby (Colin)

Ladies and Gentlemen, the lines are now closed.

WE GOT 60 members !
    Last edited by Simon; 22nd Jul 2006 at 23:10.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by aquarius
    First of all I want to extend my BIG THANK YOU to nicky for going into the trouble of doing this mass order which he could have ordered it for himself and also save himself the trouble of meeting us to pass us the catalogue and also taking the risks of being "arowplaned"..
    Thanks aquarius for your comment. On the hindsight maybe I shouldn't post my 'bitchy statement' because I volunteered this MO and I don't mind if some member aeroplane me.. just that when I read the email from ADA I felt a little

OK, if we don't get the last 2 cartons then I post the email ok?
    See if you guys will be TL or not if you were me..

Quote Originally Posted by aquarius
    Nicky - Why don't you give him aquaticquotient's web address and let Mr Yoshinori read this tread himself so that he'll know that you're not selling the catalogue for a profit? It'll also enlighten him that the distributor and some LFSes are selling the pass catalogues at a profit when it should have been given out free.
    I provided the link to our MO discussion thread on day-1 when this thread was started. Our buddy Mr Yoshinori obviously is too busy.. I even quoted him a posting that we tried to look for the catalogue in Singapore (and you know who we look for right?) for 2 weeks we did not get any respond from them and that's why we 'bo-bian' have to look for ADA directly. Yesterday I cut-&-paste some screen-shots of our postings to show him that we really do not want to make $, and all screen-shot clearly shows that the cost of postage will be equally splitted (alright.. round up to 50c, and S$7.50 was quoted instead of the S$7.12 because we do not know the exact exchange rate of bank/VISA, any misc charge by Singapore custom...).

But I still think he is overworked, because he is probably one of the few who can express well in English (you should see his last email to me ) and probably kena arrowed to correspond with all English-speaking-customers.

Let's hope everything will be ok come next week.. will post updates.. stay tune..

Feedback Score
    61 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    phew. thanks nicky. I think we have met.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Thanks aquarius for your comment. On the hindsight maybe I shouldn't post my 'bitchy statement' because I volunteered this MO and I don't mind if some member aeroplane me.. just that when I read the email from ADA I felt a little

OK, if we don't get the last 2 cartons then I post the email ok?
    See if you guys will be TL or not if you were me..

I provided the link to our MO discussion thread on day-1 when this thread was started. Our buddy Mr Yoshinori obviously is too busy.. I even quoted him a posting that we tried to look for the catalogue in Singapore (and you know who we look for right?) for 2 weeks we did not get any respond from them and that's why we 'bo-bian' have to look for ADA directly. Yesterday I cut-&-paste some screen-shots of our postings to show him that we really do not want to make $, and all screen-shot clearly shows that the cost of postage will be equally splitted (alright.. round up to 50c, and S$7.50 was quoted instead of the S$7.12 because we do not know the exact exchange rate of bank/VISA, any misc charge by Singapore custom...).

But I still think he is overworked, because he is probably one of the few who can express well in English (you should see his last email to me ) and probably kena arrowed to correspond with all English-speaking-customers.

Let's hope everything will be ok come next week.. will post updates.. stay tune..

bro nicky, first of all, a great thank you from all of us here. you have our deepest apprecation for the work that you do.

also, i am in Q no. 35, but i won't be in Singapore till 21st Aug. pls keep my copy for me. Million thanks.

BTW if anyone areoplane you, i will be more than willing to accept more copies. so no worries.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast