Feedback Score
    Country
    Ireland

new member is lost

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    hi, i think this one is for a mod if any can help. before i joined up i was viewing the forums(was something to do with aquascaping) and found a post that led to another site that someone had written thier views with attachments to other sites. as i was not a member at the time my viewing was limited as to what i could view. can you advise me of the areas a non member can view so i could look and try to find. i have tried just about all views since becomeing a member but without any luck. thanks for your time.
    regards Mr. Algae

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi Mr Algae,

First, welcome to AQ.

Next, your query. I'm not too sure exactly what you are asking. If you are an activated member of AQ, which you are, you should be able to read all threads and other content on AQ. However, we do not control your access to other sites. Neither do we block AQ members from going to other sites from AQ.

If you are unable to view attachments or links to sites outside of AQ, the restriction is set by the other site. For example, most AQ members are members on other aquatic forums or sites. Sometimes these members post messages and include links to their posts or photos on other websites. Some of these forums or sites block access to some of their content if the link to the content does not originate from their own site.

If you could direct me to the post you mentioned above, I can probably figure out what problems you were actually facing.
    Vincent - AQ is for everyone, but not for 'u' and 'mi'.
    Why use punctuation? See what a difference it makes:
    A woman, without her man, is nothing.
    A woman: without her, man is nothing.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    ... neither do i know what he meant with the title ...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Think he's looking for a particular thread he came across before he signed up as members.

In certain forums, there may be restrictions placed upon folders which are such that certain folders are only accessible to members while other folders are the public folder which contain threads which are accessible to all members.

Hi Mr. Algae,

Perhaps you can use the 'search' function at the tool bar on top of page, and use the 'advanced search' function to look for the thread you came across previosly.

Cheers
    - eric

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    ahhhhh .... now i know what he meant with the title ....

"new member" is referring to himself. DUH.
    and he "is lost" as he does not know where to find the thread.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by bossteck
    Think he's looking for a particular thread he came across before he signed up as members.

In certain forums, there may be restrictions placed upon folders which are such that certain folders are only accessible to members while other folders are the public folder which contain threads which are accessible to all members.

Hi Mr. Algae,

Perhaps you can use the 'search' function at the tool bar on top of page, and use the 'advanced search' function to look for the thread you came across previosly.

Cheers
    I thought he meant that but as an unregistered user he would like less 'access rights' than he would as a member.
    So it cannot be he used to read a discussion before he join as member and now he cannot read the same thread as a member.

I believe he meant linkage to other site via weblink that some of us post.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Algae
    hi, i think this one is for a mod if any can help. before i joined up i was viewing the forums(was something to do with aquascaping)
    From here, we know that he was reading something on AQ when he was not a member...

and found a post that led to another site that someone had written thier views with attachments to other sites.
    He was reading a post already in one of the sections.

as i was not a member at the time my viewing was limited as to what i could view.
    He knows that there are some sections which cannot be viewed by non-members. Can't remember AQ have some a priviledge setting or not.

can you advise me of the areas a non member can view so i could look and try to find.
    So now, he is trying to narrow down his search on the sections to find that particular thread. Hence asking for mods to advice him which one sections are free to public and which are not...

i have tried just about all views since becomeing a member but without any luck. thanks for your time.
    regards Mr. Algae
    Now he is member, so was looking through everything but still cannot find. And he thank anyone reading this for their time...
    ~ Vincent ~ Fishes calm your mind...
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/valice/

Feedback Score
    Country
    Ireland
    [B]thank you all [B]for help and advice i have found what i was looking for. of all aquatic sites i am a member of i have not had so many replies so quick if at all, even over serious aquatic questions i have posted for being new to all fishy things. i look forward to being part of aq for a long time and will post more soon. again thanks to all.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    You're welcome Mr Algae.

I think Valice understood you correctly, but you have already found what you wanted.
    Vincent - AQ is for everyone, but not for 'u' and 'mi'.
    Why use punctuation? See what a difference it makes:
    A woman, without her man, is nothing.
    A woman: without her, man is nothing.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    WELL DONE Valice for that wonderful sypnosis !!!
    Ya foreign comprehension must be A++ !!

Mr Algae, WELCOME !! Why move to Ireland when you can watch LIVERPOOL live !?!