Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi Ivan, I have no link with EIDO
    i have direct contacts with them.. if wanna buy in bulk.. let me know.. i see what i can do..

The smaller size I seen is the China made chiller, white in color don't no what the brand, start with H I think
    wangz, the chiller that u see is from Hailea.. from china.. but for quality wise, i'm not so sure...

the EIDO chiller market selling price should 1K or below.
    well.. at the end of the day, the pricing is still very much up to them.. they have their expenses to pay.. yes.. cost will be a factor to buy a chiller.. but i rather look long term as in if it cost more but uses less electricity, i think i will benefit in the long run.. and if i'm not worng, it is an environmentally friendly system.. and does not use inert gases to reduce the temp..but seriously speaking.. below 1k.. i seriously doubt it will happen.. but perhaps with bulk purchases??? u never know[]
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

Feedback Score
    Kel, count me in if you can get it below 1K. [:]

Feedback Score
    Kel,

Do you have a chiller for your tank now ?

Southern tip of S.E.A and possibly blowing bubbles underwater
    Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    unfortuately.. i returned the prototype and the sample to EIDO leh.. sigh..
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    wangx... u want 1 only if it is below $1k?? sigh.. look like me have to use my charm.. hahaha.. but doubt it will work leh.. hahaha.. but no harm trying hor.. hahaha[]

Feedback Score
    Kel,
    Well.....believe all of us in this forum you can do it!!!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Oman
    Hi,

This EIDO chiller does not work on the coollant refrigirant technology. It works with the concept of fan cooling. At these type of price, izzit worth it?

Feedback Score
    Frankly, as I have mentioned earlier, the concept use by this EIDO 4ft is simply heat transfer theory i.e use a fan to generate wind towards a attached coolinf fins and the tube run around the cooling fan to achieve the cooling effect for the water. Very simple theory.....but this product (i believe) will use much much lesser energy than the condenser/ compressor type. However, the cooling will not be that great as compare to the condenser/ compressor type. But come back to the point, as long as it can support its product specification i.e. to support 4ft tank and with less energy concumption, perhaps it worth buying.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia
    this chiller should based on solid state heat pump that operates the peltier effect.
    the fan does no directly cool the water.
    what happens is that there is a sandwich of 2 types of semiconductor material and ceramic material.
    when current is applied to the sandwich, it will cause a temperature difference at the 2 dissimilar semiconductor materials.
    so you get heat to move from one end to another resulting in 'cold' and 'hot' sides.
    the 'cold' side is attached to a cooling block where the aquarium water is passed through, so cooling the water.
    the 'hot' side is attached to cooling fins (heat sink) and fans are used to provide 'forced' air cooling.
    the temperature difference between the 'cold' and 'hot' sides is aroung 60 deg C.
    so if your tank water is about 25 deg c then the fins will be around 85 deg c.
    and these devices are quite power hungry.
    you need to check the power consumption figure of this type of chiller and compare to the conventional compressor chiller.
    thomas liew

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ok.. in that case, let's take orders first and i see how i can bargain for u guys.. but i would like to say this first... no promises abt the amount of discount.. and if u have any conditions like price.. pls put in brackets like this.. e.g: kelvin (price less than 1.5k or something like that)..

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    1. Nick (less than 1K)

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Suggestions:
    Why not open this at the classifieds instead? I'm sure there are people who are into planted tanks interested in the chillers as well. Planted tank people may not come to the marine forum.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    i'll do it.. then compile the list.. pls confirm on that list instead.. so that i dun have to switch both posts[]

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    the..... which chiller would a 6ft tank use???

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    This particular model we are looking at is for a 4 ft.

Feedback Score
    Wangzx,

Have you bought your EIDO 4ft tank chiller ? How much is it ? And what is the power consumption for this model ?

Feedback Score
    Not yet lah....stock will only be in this coming Thur or Fri. Cost at $1250/- if per order 5 units (ref. to Kel's msg)They qoute me a bit higher as I only get one unit. Will try again to meet Kel's price. Power consumption at 288Watts (AC to DC) and gross weight at 20K, size and look like a Mini Computer Tower Casing. Go down to take a look and ask them to explain more details to you on the comparision on power consumption aginst other compressor chillers.......

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Ivan, go down to take a look if interested.. yes, have them explain to u and answer all your queries lor.. then if u want, we can compile the orders...

Feedback Score
    chiller cost only 1 K........ha ha ha []

Feedback Score
    Hi Marine, what to U mean by chiller cost only 1K? You can get this model for only 1K? Petmat selling at 1380/-.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast