Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    yeah.. what u mean by that???
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

Feedback Score
    US Dollar lah.

Feedback Score
    Hmmmm......If U are willing to paid US$ 1K for this model....Do let me know lah.......I will be so PLEASE to advise U that I can sell U one unit with an offer price of US$ 900 include GST with free delivery (Singapore Only), exchange rate at 1.7 only...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Interesting. So did anyone of you buy this chiller ? I'm thinking of getting a chiller in the near futue. So just want to find out now, what brand is value for money.

Feedback Score
    Ya....I brought....and is in operation for almost a week now. If you ask me how is it? Just can comment that still can't meet my expectation yet.....I set the temp at 25oC and the unit only can achieve at 27oC when light off and day time with room temp at 31oC, my tank temp. only can maintain at 28oC......and this unit is always been on since day 1.....hope this mth. PUB bill dun rock sky high......anyway, I already feedback to the supplier and there will look into it and let me know the outcome. Will try for another few days and see how lah....[]

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    How big is your tank ? And why don't you set at 23 deg, so that it can reach 25 ? I'm no expert in chiller but just give my worthless cents of words. I'm not too sure about its limitation, so my remarks are just common sense. I might be wrong.

Feedback Score
    My tank size is 4x1.5x1.5ft. Per spec.This model should be able to support at 24oC easily...but seem that this unit is not working properly I think. Anyway, the supplier has agreed to change another new unit and will see if the model works. 23oC seem too low for my reef. The best temp should between 26 to 28oC. But ofcos' as long as the water temp is below 30oC will do for marine tank which most of tank operate with colling fan usually at 28 to 30oC....Rgds

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    [edited]

Nvm, found my answer in another chiller thread. []
    Vincent - AQ is for everyone, but not for 'u' and 'mi'.
    Why use punctuation? See what a difference it makes:
    A woman, without her man, is nothing.
    A woman: without her, man is nothing.

Feedback Score
    Hi,

New to this thread... so wanna check about this eido chiller (4ft)..
    Concern is that if MHs are used, can the chiller still cool the water down to 25-26C???

Understand that there is a min ambient temperature for this chiller to work....

Feedback Score
    Phang, if you are using MH lighting. Assumed your tank is same as mine 4x1.5x1.5 ft.. My ans. to U is that don't go for this brand. I using 4xFL and the lowest temp. can reach is at 26oC and room temp must be at below 30oC which, hardly have a chance unless rainning whole day. Currently, my tank temp. stable at 27oC with a cooling fan support. Don't forget that my this unit so far never stop operating (run 24hrs) unless rainning day. Anyway, TECO 240 is cheaper that this brand which perform much better and I believe the PUB consumption should also be lower compare the time period when chiller is on.

Feedback Score
    hi everyone ,

i was reading the post on the new eido chiller ... i reckon that you are all looking for a 4 ft chiller ... and HOPEFULLY below 1K .... i hope so too ....
    [] []

anyone knows how much the EIDO 3ft chiller ( mine is only 3ft tank) is going for ? rating ?

if the prices and rating are quite similar , i can join in to get the 4 ft one too .... thanks guys

Feedback Score
    3ft. model is around $800/- but if you are targeting your water temp at 25 to 26oC., I will strongly advised you get the 4ft model for your 3ft tank. Rgds

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Am currently using the 3ft model for my 3 ft tank.

Normal days Raining / cloudy days
    Tank temp: 26 - 27 25 - 26 degrees

As for heat load: 6X 20W FL [X 10.5 hrs], and a filter

It's ok for most lower temp plants.

If you got spare cash, go for the BIGGER one
    The key to success is patience. If that fails, screw the guy in front of you!!

Feedback Score
    There will be a diff. operating the same model in SW tank. Usually SW heat load will be higher due to LR, sea bed and Power head. If you can hit 26~27 in FW then you have to add 1 to 2oC up in SW. Just my comments.

Feedback Score
    ----------------
    The smaller size I seen is the China made chiller, white in color don't no what the brand, start with H I think
    wangz, the chiller that u see is from Hailea.. from china.. but for quality wise, i'm not so sure...

---------------
    The Hailea chiller is actually the product of Aquamedic and hailea venture... heard that the parts are from Aquamedic ... pretty strong reputation for quality...except only "made in China"...

Feedback Score
    Hmmm....tell me what products now a day not from China. I think 80% of the goods in this world come from China. Only label diff. but from market info. that Hailea chiller don't have techical support locally and when operate after 6mth. will have minor problem like sound.....never the less, the design/colour is much nicer that TECO.

Feedback Score
    Wangzx,

I think if we wait a while more, the technical support would get back better.
    Actually Haileas are pretty popular overseas...my friend who travels abroad says that they are well marketed...and are popular alternatives to TECO..
    even here in Singapore, cos I was quoted 1.5k for a 1 HP... for 1 1/4 HP...1.75k..

I think the price for a 1 Hp Hailea could only get you a RA 680...

The major problem with us marine guys is simply that once we hook up MHs into our systems....what was usually enough becomes overloaded....

Was sharing with a LFS recently about my upcoming project... told me that a 1 1/4 Hp would be a much feasible choice...

I sometimes wonder whether a EIDO could ever be enough for a marine setup... simply cause most reef guys would upgrad once they are successful with what they are keeping...
    A good example : ME!!!!
    []

Feedback Score
    Hi Phang,

Haileas Chiller use to be very affortable two years back. 4ft model only at 900+ but now, the price just shoot high. Frankly speaking, with that price, I will choose for TECO model as it proven to be realiable and consumption is low for years. EIDO, support is good but I still think the current 4ft model should more for 3ft marine tank (FW plant tank should not be an issues). I using EIDO 4ft model currently and with hot weather, it only can achieve 27oC w/ operation 24hrs a day never stop so far. Ofcos' when raining day will hit 25~26oC. Not forgetting I got a cooling fan supported. I'm also think of update my lighting system to MH, if i do, this means that I need to change my current chiller to TECO as with the MH heat, I don't think EIDO can support.

Rgds

Feedback Score
    This is a very expensive hobby...
    must spend on Metal Halides
    with MHs, must have Chiller...
    Still got tank , some more must have sump....

Feedback Score
    Well.......let see the +ve side, you will have a mini ocean at home, you don't need to paid for diving trip, it relex your mind, create good fei-su for your home, you have a hobby that your wife/GF would not worried compare with hobby for other women/girls....[] [] []

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast