Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: EIDO Chiller

Feedback Score

EIDO Chiller

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi Guys, Just rec'd news that EIDO will have a soft launch on their brand new design 4 ft Chiller/cooler by next week. Any idea where is it and what kind of selling price should be reasonable. If the price is good, I will like to get one.
    Rgds....

Southern tip of S.E.A and possibly blowing bubbles underwater
    Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi Guys, Just rec'd news that EIDO will have a soft launch on their brand new design 4 ft Chiller/cooler by next week. Any idea where is it and what kind of selling price should be reasonable. If the price is good, I will like to get one.
    ----------------
    in fact, it is out already.. price wise.. i'm not too sure.. but quote my name when u go.. might be able to get a better discount.. hehehe.. just say referred by me...

they can be located at
    Blk 1003, Bukit Merah Central
    #06-03 Technopreneur Centre
    Off:62789557/8
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

Feedback Score
    Darth Kelvin,

What do you think the price to be reasonable for this local made, non compressor operated cooler? Below 1K or greater than 1K range? Just need some feedback as now a day chiller which can support 4ft priced only at 1.1K only (not TECO brand lah).

Rgds[:]

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    What do you think the price to be reasonable for this local made, non compressor operated cooler? Below 1K or greater than 1K range? Just need some feedback as now a day chiller which can support 4ft priced only at 1.1K only (not TECO brand lah).
    ----------------
    wangx,
    i guess most singaporeans here are skeptical abt locally made products.. honestly speaking, if the product works and serve the functions that it was designed to do.. i dun see why i wun pay for it.. must support support a bit mah.. i'm sure can get better service support coz it is not as well-established.. nevertheless, to answer your question, i dun mind paying up to $1.3k lor.. but like all ppl would prefer, the cheaper the better without compromising on the quality.. but i seriously doubt, it is possible.. nevertheless.. i figured up to $1.3k should be quite a fair deal.. as for the statistics of the product, till i get more info from my friend, i let u know.. alternatively, u can check with them...

i'm supposed to meet them today to talk abt this new chiller thingie.. but me tied up with school work..[]
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

Feedback Score
    Well, I agreed we have to support local made products, also, True, most of the ppl dun mind pay a bit more for quality and support, but, as a new palyer in the market which old player, although diff tech used, are priced at a lower range. I think to win over the market share. EIDO should somehow be lower price that them. This is just personal view and how and what EIDO brand positioning is still up to them. Anyway, I feel 1.3K is a bit high for the product, SGD900 to 1.1K should be more reasonable level to market locally. Rgds.[:]

Feedback Score
    Country
    Oman
    Anywebby we can refer to to take a look at this product?

Feedback Score
    Wang,

I can get it at less than 1K. Probably between 900 to 1000. Let me know of you are interested. []

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Anyone want to mass order the eido? Then maybe got more bargaining power. Count me in if the price is right, ie. below 1K

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    try this
    chiller

true wangx, but like u said.. the pricing it still very much up to them..

Ivan, i didn't know that u know them..[]

Feedback Score
    Hi Kel,

I'm a regular customer of Hong Leong. So that fellow will offer me below 1K when the stock arrive.

[]

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    if i'm not wrong.. it should be the size for 3ft and below.. while this new product is for 4ft...i just spoke to my friends, who are in the firm itself, that while they can't confirm the price as yet.. but they can confirm with me that it will be above $1k at least..[:]

Feedback Score
    Trigger,
    Their webby : www.eido.com.sg, the model showed on 3 feet. Heard that the 4 ft model is diff. and nicer and come with a built in pump. Can go down direct to their firm and take a look. There got one display set there.

Nick,
    Mass purchase, I like that. Dun not can get the same dealer price or not. I ask them when I meet him. [:]

Ivan,

Kel is right, what avail. in the market now is for 3 feet only which cost around $800- I think. New 4 feet model is still not out in the market yet and most likely will cost more than a K. Hope can get less than a K with the promotion period.

Rgds

Feedback Score
    Is this 4 ft eido is compact enough and less than a K. I will get permission from my wife to buy it. []

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    compact?? Ivan.. kindly define conpact.. dun tell me that u gonna put this inside a cabinet?? the chiller will heat up leh.. and the temp inside the cabinet will increase..i would advice u leaving this outside, if u are planning to put this inside the cabinet.. []

Feedback Score
    Ivan,
    Size of a normal PC UPS and weight of one PC CPU. Compact enough? Frankly speaking, my ideal size, weight and operating cost (long term). []

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Ivan,
    Size of a normal PC UPS and weight of one PC CPU. Compact enough? Frankly speaking, my ideal size, weight and operating cost (long term). []
    ----------------
    i have seen the size of it.. it is slightly bigger than the 3ft one.. like what wangz had mentioned.. weight, operating cost is more impt.. if a small one consumed 500W while a big one consume 300W with the same parameters.. i rather go for the big one.. coz after a while, i'll get used to the size while the consumption is constant and continuous..

Feedback Score
    Actually, I saw a micro-chiller in aquatechnic few months ago when I first visited that place. The size of the micro chiller is very compact about 2 palm sizes but it can only support about 20 gal of water.

So far, i did not commit to get any chiller as I believe more compact size chiller will be available in the market soon.

My reference for compact size is like a size of soccer ball. Hope this technology advances will make this possible.

By the way, I have seen the EIDO chiller for 3 ft. Actually the design is very simple. It applies the 1st & 2nd Law of Thermodynamic and Heat transfer theory to achieve the cooling effect. The items in the chiller comprises, cooling fan (about 16 Watt), cooling fin (about 5 fin per side), pump...etc. Basically, how it works by suction of air to the cooling fin and the cooling fin cools the water and water being circulated by the pump. I did a study during my last semester in heat transfer and found out that the efficiency by this method is merely 60%. And 40% is lost to the surrounding. Not so effective.

The other typr of chiller uses compressor & condenser to do the work. The efficiency is much better about 85% but higher power consumption than the one mentioned above.

Anyway, it all depend on individual to decide. For me, I will prefer to get a compact size and lower pwr consumption will do. []

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    well, ivan.. to be honest, i'm sure that all of us are looking towards a micro chiller that can meet our requirements and at the same time, have low consumption of energy.. but i doubt the technology is up to that stage yet.. and even if it does, it should be very ex.. sigh.. guess we can't have the best of both worlds..
    []

Feedback Score
    Hi Ivan, I have no link with EIDO but just to share my view. Compare the compressor/condenser vs the thermodynamic menthod. I believe that the thermodynamic e-consumtion will be much much lesser (correct me if I'm wrong)hence, this will reduce very much on the daily operating cost. As abt the size, most compressor/condenser chiller usually big and produce high heat and don't forgeting the higher maintance cost. The smaller size I seen is the China made chiller, white in color don't no what the brand, start with H I think. Cost abt $1.3K for 4ft model. As compare to EIDO again, size, weight, maintance cost will be much lower. People like me live in small HDB flat, size, heat, e-comsumption are very impt. factor NOT forgeting the MOST Impt. factor of all to lead me to purchase is the COST of the unit. With this I still stand me point, the EIDO chiller market selling price should 1K or below.
    Rgds

Feedback Score
    Sound good. Can anyone of us update each other once the EIDO 4ft chiller is out in the market and of cse, let us know the price. I'm keen to get one too.[]

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast