Thread: Deaths

Feedback Score

Deaths

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hey,
    dunno what has happen but my oto died while I went for my ICT. No remains found. Then yesterday my panda cory died after a water change. Prior to that I found the Little guy a little restless.
    Currently, I've a SAE with me but then, it seems that isn't enuff algae around for him.... Just bought another oto hopefully the fella can survive....!!
    Any suggestion to why they're deaths of these fishes??? I've cardinals, rasboras and whitecloud minnows which all seems fine.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    could be due many reasons.. water parameter, injury, sickness

Feedback Score
    61 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    hi,

your case is not new to me. I am a victim too. I lost all my bottom dwellers too but mid & top level fishes are fine.

What is the size of your substrates? Mine is 5mm! Which is too big and uneaten food all went into it. Therefore, negative stuffs start to envolve.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    hi, if you've bottom feeders in your tank, 5mm gravel spells disaster![:0] when anything negative happens, fish like corys will be first to go...[]

that's the lesson i learned, when i first started fishkeeping...[]

oto's death: otos are not hardy and death during the first 2 months are not unusual. but once they're established in your tank, they can last quite awhile.

panda's death: how long have you had your panda? pandas in lfs these days are abit on the sad-looking side. that's why some of us only go for big pandas that cost around $4 each. but if an established healthy panda dies with no external injuries, may be due to internal bacteria too.

i'm still learning...[:]
    P-L-E-C-O-R-Y=M-A-N-I-A!!! YEAH!
    FLORENCE, capital of the region of Tuscany, has a population of around half a million inhabitants, spreads on the banks of the Arno, between the Adriatic and the Tyrrhenian seas, almost in the middle of the Italian peninsula. It is a city which bustles with industry and craft, commerce and culture, art and science.

Southern tip of S.E.A and possibly blowing bubbles underwater
    Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    big pandas found in 6-finger guy lfs at TB... at $2...
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

Feedback Score
    Think the size of my subtrate is 5mm-10mm... Come to think of it, I bought this pump for water change that lets you wash the subtrate hence.... hmmm.... think this is the cause....coz I saw lotsa food being suck up from the subtrate...sigh.....

Feedback Score
    Hi,
    I had my cories for abt 4mths or so... they had been fine till now... my pandas are pretty small and dun seem to grow much as compared to my albino cories.
    The strange thing is that I've got a pair of both, but oli one panda died. The food in my subtrate should be the cause of deaths I think.