Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Strange growth on my oto

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    I've just realised two bubble-like appearances on either side of my oto's pelvic fins. Anyone can shed light on whether it's a disease or it's a sac? Pardon the poor hp photo quality cos i don't have any dc at hand.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    England
    bleez
    if i was you i'd get that fish out very quick and destroy it, it's body is filled with a fluid that if it bursts it will poison your tank, it's like dropsy, so please destroy it before that happens.
    mick

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Mick,

So it's not dropsy? From my experience, dropsy kills within 1month max. This oto has been fat for over 3months.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    bleez,

The sac is translucent? I got a few Otos, that's fat like that (no protrusion of scales - probably females?) and skinnier ones (males?).

My fat otos has also been fat for the past 6 months plus and the skinnier ones are forever chasing the fat ones, however I'll check tonight for any form of 'sacs' on the fat ones.
    visit my photo albums @ flickr!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    hey greyfox,

Yes the sac is translucent and there is no protrusion of scales. The sacs only appeared on this particular fat oto 1-2 days ago. I have another fat oto but it doesn't have sacs. These two otos have been with me for more than 2 years but only became fat a few months back. As for the skinnier ones chasing the fat ones, I can't really confirm because I didn't observe but I will from now on.