2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

COOLING FANS??

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    hmm..jus wondering.Correct me if im wrong...
    cooling fans are supposed to face which way down at the water? how u differentiate cos i tried and notice the diff( one side as stronger air blowing out..) but couldnt seem to fig out...
    n y is the grill always fitted one side only??
    thanx!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    the grill is on the exposed side to protect your fingers lor ... usually the top side and faces upward. sucking action instead of blowing action.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    eheheh..and someone told me its the other way...hmmm diff pple diff preference.

http://www.aquarealms.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=6653

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    direction of fan depends if u wanna extract or blow... the grill can be installed on both side if u like.. but more practical if u put on the top.. but only applies to AC fan

Feedback Score
    I'm using 4 fans - one in each corner. Those on the right side blow while those on the left side suck. My cover is completely closed. Prior to the fan temperature was in the range of 33 to 34 degrees. After the installation of the fans, temperature stays pretty much constant at 29 degrees. I didn't try having all the fan suck or blow - don't have time to experiment.

Feedback Score
    Speaking of grills, I should get some and installed them on my fans. For safety sake, I should install on both sides. If accident were to happen, most likely it would be from the upward facing blades but I was cut pretty badly by the bottom facing baldes. My new tank drew first blood so no longer a virgin Hooray []

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Well, I think those grills can be detached and placed it on either side.
    I would say that if you want to blow down the air to the surface of the water, then you remove the grills and placed them on the top so that your fingers would not accidentally got in and vice versa.

As to whether blow or suck the air up, it's up to you. (As stated by Simon).
    But the theory is to blow down to the surface so that evaporation will take place thus lowering down the water temperature. But you got to top up the water more often.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    tropic,
    Don't understand where you're confused.

To cool the water effectively all yo have to do is blow onto the water. AC fan only have one direction. As for the grill u can position it on either side you feel so that you don't get stucked if you hand goes to near the fan blade. If you really kiasu/kiasi you can put on both sides but I wouldn't suggest it.

Blowing the water will result to faster evaporation rate. So it's quite normal if you need to top up your water more often. Me have to top up 3L of water a day.
    Cheers!!

Sherwin Choo
    [email protected]

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    heheh..not confused.Just readin some conflicting ideas so need to noe the rational behind the diff ideas..