Country
    Singapore

Fumanchu lionfish sighted

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Dear dark side dwellers,
    i just sighted a fumanchu lionfish at wong loy kee, chinatown.. it is very beautiful.. for those who are interested in lionfish, u might want to consider this.. it is one of the nicest lionfish ard.. an array of colors are found on it.. extremely beautiful.. and best part.. it will not grow too big... it is also known as dwarf lionfish..[]
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Arrgghhh!!!

Oh man, and I haven't set up my tank yet.
    "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled" - Richard Feynman, 1986. Rogers commission into the Challenger disaster

Southern tip of S.E.A and possibly blowing bubbles underwater
    Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    hahaha.. too bad.. law.. never mind.. wait lor.. according to spiff.. they are quite often seen nowadays at lfs or ffs.. []
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Yayy.. Sigh, actually, I haven't solved my tank problem of a filter. Don't want to get a too expensive filter leh, but no place to put overflow. How?
    "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled" - Richard Feynman, 1986. Rogers commission into the Challenger disaster

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    stuff cotton wool in yr mouth, take 2 pipe place in tank and constantly suck and blow

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Ahh good idea. Save on food also.

I think I will go and pet my lionfish with my bare hands.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    just make sure that u dun touch the dorsal fins if u really MAD enuff to do that.. i can attest to that with the scar on my finger... []

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hahaha... Or I will go and catch a blue ringed octopus with my bare hands.

Kel, how? Got solution?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hahaha... Or I will go and catch a blue ringed octopus with my bare hands.
    Kel, how? Got solution?
    ----------------
    solution after catching blue-ringed octopus bare-handed? yes.. ok coz.. i give white packet lor.. and help to send u off to the nether world.. siao.. lionfish still can fool ard provided u not allergic to the toxin.. blue ringed octopus, PURE MADNESS!!!!!!....

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Kel, wa lao, solution to the tank problem lah.

Hahaha...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    oh.. sorry.. hahaha... u have the drawing for the entire tank? if not, the whole setup.. i know this tank is at the bottom.. i see whether can i try to DIY a filtering system for u.. but dun worry, i'm not so cruel like simon to ask u to stuff cottonwool into your mouth and use 2 straws to suck and blow.. which is one hell lot of a blow job.... errr.. no pun intended.. pls dun think crooked.. [:]

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    No drawing leh, but can roughly describe.

The tank is 3ft by 1.5ft by 2ft(height), with 10mm black silion glass. It is at the bottom of my double tier 4ft, the clearance between the top of the tank and the metal supporting the upper tank is only about 4 inches. I also have a 3ft blue PL light already.

The problem I have is with the filter. Don't know where to put. The Eheim 2029 type is too expensive for me lah. Sob sob.

I maybe geting a pterois lionfish, but reconsidering now as I think its a bit too big right. Maybe a few smaller ones. Plus can put starfish and/or corals?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    The tank is 3ft by 1.5ft by 2ft(height), with 10mm black silion glass. It is at the bottom of my double tier 4ft, the clearance between the top of the tank and the metal supporting the upper tank is only about 4 inches. I also have a 3ft blue PL light already.
    ok.. do u want it outside the metal support? btw, pls take note that the metal support will eventually rust.. if possible, pls paint it with anti rust or rust proof paint which are available in the hardware shops.. if u can have it outside, perhaps we can do a DIY filter.. a bit ugly but cheap..best part.. it is gonna be a sump too..

I maybe geting a pterois lionfish, but reconsidering now as I think its a bit too big right. Maybe a few smaller ones. Plus can put starfish and/or corals?
    [b]starfish.. ok lor.. corals.. i dun advice.. starfishes feeds on algae and some meaty stuff like mussels etc.... which might be a problem since u gonna have problem putting your hands in and try to place the food near the starfish.. but IMO, i dun recommend it.. best.. just some LR(live rocks) and the lionfish will do.. yes.. it is dull.. but depends on how u place the rocks etc.. best part, u dun need expensive lightings coz u dun need to cultivate calcarous algea or that sort.. u just need enuff lights to see the fish and its glory.. btw, it really depends on the species that u are getting.. and mind u.. they can co-exist together.. and grow according to the environment and chances are, u would not be able to see its full size potential..[]

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    How big is the DIY filter/sump? And in case of power stoppage, will it flood?

I will go and find rust proof paint later.

Smaller lionfishes like fu-manchu still too big for 3ft tank?

hi law...me dun recommend star fish cos they need to be acclimatized very very very slowly....US ppl recemmend 12-24 hr drip. .....sucks rite....if u dun after afew day they will start to rot...
    if u wanna diy sump u hv to go diy a overflow bix...i tell u wat...since ur tank is still empty...go get it drill....much cheaper then making a overflow box....the water will stop when there the pressure in the overflow is low...so dun worry
    Acroporids and Tridacnids

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Wa drill ah. how much ah, need to carry here and there quite inconvienient leh, or could I use the toilet water level detector type of device?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    errrr... remember i told u how my tank will not be drained off all the water in times of blackout or power failure? it works the same..[]

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Kel,

Yours is drilled leh. Anyway to do it without drilling?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    law

get a 2ft tank and DIY your own wet-dry

place it level with your 3ft water level, use 2 powerheads to drive it. like that you dont have to drill anything

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ah yo yo so long already haven't setup ur marine []
    wat have u been up to?

----------------
    On 7/10/2002 1:13:14 PM

Arrgghhh!!!

Oh man, and I haven't set up my tank yet.
    ----------------

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast